Merc Service in Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sulabhagra

Car
A150 Avant Garde
Hello Experts and Veterans,

I have recently moved into Kent (Bexleyheath) and was trying to find the suitable service provider for my A Class.

Any pointers will be highly appreciated, also if I choose for Merc centers, should I give a priority to the Dartford / Orpington or the Lakeside one?

I tried searching in the forum, but the page is getting timed out every time. :(

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sulabh

Last edited:
Both Keys and Merctech have good reputations. I have used Dartford previously when I worked near there, but hourly rates are much much more (£135 per hour ) than an Independent.

I use NJS solutions and highly recommend them. Not particularly cheap but they really know what they are doing and now service both my ML and CLS. They are near brands hatch, about a 10 min drive from the swanley junction in M25.

I've used Wright Tech (formerly Merc Tech) for many years now.

Service has always been very good and a very friendly bunch.

My car needs new glow plugs. 6 cylinder diesel. Phoned one of the recommended independents mentioned above and was quoted £360. Then phoned main dealer (Orpington) and was quoted £350.

I found this very odd. Always thought main dealers were v expensive but it pays to ring around

tylerdurden said:
My car needs new glow plugs. 6 cylinder diesel. Phoned one of the recommended independents mentioned above and was quoted £360. Then phoned main dealer (Orpington) and was quoted £350. I found this very odd. Always thought main dealers were v expensive but it pays to ring around

Or the indie you phoned is expensive, who was it?

My car needs new glow plugs. 6 cylinder diesel. Phoned one of the recommended independents mentioned above and was quoted £360. Then phoned main dealer (Orpington) and was quoted £350.

I found this very odd. Always thought main dealers were v expensive but it pays to ring around

I suggest you give them a wee call again and mention the price quoted by the dealer to see what they have to add to it. Odd enough but they should owe an explanation to survive.

As above. Phone back and quote the main dealer price to them. I would be amazed if an Indie were (knowingly) charging more than a main dealer.

Yes, I'd be interested to know who it was as well, tylerdurden...

:thumb:

I use tech-automotive in Gravesend who I find professional and prices around average for an independent.

I use tech-automotive in Gravesend who I find professional and prices around average for an independent.

I went and spoke to them once about the E55 I was going to buy - whether they would service it for me.

A fat bloke in there looked at me like I was having a laugh.

Suffice to say, I didn't bother with them.

I don't think it's fair to name a business on here for something like this. Maybe the receptionist got something wrong, maybe this maybe that.

My point is just ring around and get quotes for work and always ring the main dealer as you may be surprised.

In terms of the advice regarding ringing back, that is just not my style. I expect the first quote to be the best quote. Don't like negotiating. I do warn everyone beforehand asking them to please give me their best quote as I'm getting 3 quotes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom