Merc swap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robert.farmer

Car
the only car is a Merc
Guess what,,i friend of mine has just swapped his 12 month old SL for a-----------Bentley continenal GT. £120.000. :confused: :confused:

Which SL was it? The Bentley is a lovely car.... but so is an SL55....

if I had that sort of budget, it would be Aston Martin DB9

RichardM said:
Which SL was it? The Bentley is a lovely car.... but so is an SL55....

its a SL 55 and yes an Aston-Martin would be be my choice also ,but i do love my old Merc, i have to its all i can afford, bo hoo

They are all fantastic cars!!! - people who know their Mercs likes us on here will only be able to dinstinguish the differenc between a bog standard SL and a SL55 AMG.

My personal choice would be a Ferrari 360 Modena Spider (soft top) with that sort of budget.

Saw a beautiful red F355 Spider "96 in immaculate condition going for £42 000 (very tempting - but this partiuclar model is well known for their electical failures).

Ur friend no doubt will be thrilled to bits with the Bentley :D

Flash

robert.farmer said:
Guess what,,i friend of mine has just swapped his 12 month old SL for a-----------Bentley continenal GT. £120.000. :confused: :confused:

Just to make light conversation, ask him sometime how his VW Phaeton in drag is doing. :D

Flash said:
Saw a beautiful red F355 Spider "96 in immaculate condition going for £42 000 (very tempting - but this partiuclar model is well known for their electical failures).

The 360 isn't much better for electrical failures!

Your absolutely correct there..... Someone I know who bought 360 Modena (was told upon handover by the Dealership something along the lines "Ferrari is renowned for its superior engines/peformance/aero dynamics and styling but you probably will expetience electrical problems at some stage....". These were not the exact wordings as I cannot remeber word for word what he was saying.

Modena 360 is way out of my budget/league anyway.... :(

Flash

Beckingham Palace is just down the road from me, and I have seen Posh Spice broken down at the side of the road once in their black 360 spider.

I would have stopped and offered assistance, but the bodyguards in the range rover behind her looked scary!

RichardM said:
Beckingham Palace is just down the road from me, and I have seen Posh Spice broken down at the side of the road once in their black 360 spider.

I would have stopped and offered assistance, but the bodyguards in the range rover behind her looked scary!

LOL :D - Waranty issues with my current W203 have driven me up the wall (and they were nothing major...) which is why I walked away from the F355 Spider after doing some reserach - just hope there are not any reliability issues with the CLK Cab which is due at end of the month.

Flash

more like a VW Phaeton which has undergone a sex change

Satch said:
Just to make light conversation, ask him sometime how his VW Phaeton in drag is doing. :D

me no like the bentley anyway, prefer the Merc, it is rather smaller than it looks in photos, or is it just me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom