Merc v bmw

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johns E350

Car
E class 350 coupe
Driving along the M40 today in my restricted works Van looking at the mercs and beamers as they passed me.
How any one could think a 3 or 5 series is a better looking car than a w204 c class or a w212 E class is beyond me especially the estates. Also a BMW x1 or x3 looks so dated when viewed from the side. Just needed to say (in my opinion)

Have never liked the X1 or X3, FUGLY imo

Sorry if anyone has one here

Much prefer the new 5 to the E. Don't think the E looks right at all, facelift or not. Other way round on the previous gen.

I think the 3 looks better than the outgoing C, haven't seen enough of the new C to comment on that one.

Agree X1 & X3 are not exactly easy on the eye.

I prefer how the Jaguar XE and XF look myself.

Well had a f01 for few months and did let it go quickly
Quality of a built way behind merc
It was a 7 series m sport, every thing was rattling inside,couldn't stand it.Wear on all materials so so bad- would we have that on S class....nope
Bmw is a no go

I seen the new C today and I didn't like it.

I'v now got a F01 7 series which has been great so far.

c_200k said:
I seen the new C today and I didn't like it. I'v now got a F01 7 series which has been great so far.

Agree the new C is not as pleasing on the eye the boot is all wrong when viewed from an angle although I am a fan of Crome I don't like around the dash air vents and the tablet don't look to good stuck on either sorry everyone who is buying one.

I prefer my F31 3 Touring to the S204 I had but think the new S205 looks lovely - yet to see it in the flesh though.

I've always thought BMW's were generally boring to look at and never liked them as a whole but that's not to say MB are much ahead in the looks department.……….I was browsing through the classic car adverts and realised there were so many interesting looking cars I had forgotten about, every one noticeably different and with it's own character. Can't say that about many (any?) manufacturer's offerings nowadays, IMO.

Or do I need to change the lenses in my rose tints?

Borys said:
Well had a f01 for few months and did let it go quickly Quality of a built way behind merc It was a 7 series m sport, every thing was rattling inside,couldn't stand it.Wear on all materials so so bad- would we have that on S class....nope Bmw is a no go
someone talking sense!!:):thumb:

A colleague at work is on his second 7-Series. A friend has a 2009 S-Class.

The BMW handles better, the internal trim is longer lasting, and the infotainment system much easier to use. The Diesel engine on the 730d is also probably better than the S350CDI's.

But the BMW feels bland while the Merc feels like a Merc. So it's either Gestalt, or I may be biased. Probably a bit of both.

A colleague at work is on his second 7-Series. A friend has a 2009 S-Class.

The BMW handles better, the internal trim is longer lasting, and the infotainment system much easier to use. The Diesel engine on the 730d is also probably better than the S350CDI's.

But the BMW feels bland while the Merc feels like a Merc. So it's either Gestalt, or I may be biased. Probably a bit of both.

The 7 series does handle pretty well for something that big and also I find the idrive very easy to use.

It's my first BMW after the E39 M5 and they have come along alot. Also another reason I want for the 7 was there was nothing comparable from Merc like for like. Either they were all high mile or low spec or something. Also the 740d is pretty nippy too with plenty of torque :cool:

It's only a stop gap till I get the Biturbo E63 anyway so I'm not really bothered.

Recently had a 640D Grand Coupe and I did like the car, a lot.
Interior was first class, IMO and the drive was lovely.
image-1595523761.jpg image-2217443657.jpg

Attachments

• image-3577894396.jpg
    image-3577894396.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 47
BenzedUP said:
Recently had a 640D Grand Coupe and I did like the car, a lot. Interior was first class, IMO and the drive was lovely.

That looks the dogs
I might have to take some of what I said back

johns E350 said:
That looks the dogs I might have to take some of what I said back

Yes it was a great car to drive too, didn't feel big or heavy and the 3L twin turbo diesel was very nice, didn't sound like a diesel at all.

It was a great place to be.

I do love MB but BMW are right up there too, both are great cars.

Have to admit the 6 series GC is a thing of beauty. It was out of my budget which is why I went for the 740d otherwise interior looks the same except from the dials.

c_200k said:
Have to admit the 6 series GC is a thing of beauty. It was out of my budget which is why I went for the 740d otherwise interior looks the same except from the dials.

After driving the 640D GC the M6 GC is on my wish list to own.

Have to get rid of one car first though.

image-3623079602.jpg
image-1725912094.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom