merc vito 108 cdi not starting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wayneyzf

Car
mercedes vito 108cdi
hi im at my wits end with this thing bought it on ebay and last owner ran it out of diesel so we called aa and they got it running drove 200 miles home fine didnt miss a beat
got home changed fuel filter bled it through fine started perfect
left it over night strted fine then within 5 mins started running lumpy wouldnt rev over 3000 rpm then pulled over and dead nothing
aa towed home wasnt really interested in it
bled system again still nothing tried towing it to get it going started but ran on 3 cylenders then died towed again then the EDC light came on now wont go away
if any of you can help i would really appreciate it:dk:

You dont need to bleed this engine. Make sure all injectors are closed tight and crank until it fires which can take a few minutes. It turns and turns then suddenly it goes. Did you fillup the filter before refitting ? And of course are you sure its the right filter ? If any doubt then refit the old filter and try again. EDC means a problem with the diesel pressure or supply. If you can see through the diesel pipes then look for air going through them.

The engine wont fire unless it builds enough pressure. The edc will stay on until it reads enough pressure on the fuel rail. Make sure everything is tightened up. After that i'm afraid i cant help you much sorry.

hi there is no air in the fuel lines ill try the old filter everything is tight
would it be worth looking at injectors because we been trying for hours turning it over if it just dont wanna go

Try to start it with a can of easy start, if it starts and stays running you have a fuel pressure fault.

no tried easy start still no go it splutters like it wants to go but nothing we towed it and it started but sounded like it was on 3 cylinders but would stay running

Maybe dirt got by after running dry ? And has caused blockage in the injector ? Time to have a look. I disassembled my injector before and i didn't see anything too complex about it. Worth a look before bringing for testing

How do know which injector has gone wot do I need to look for

You need to do a leak off check and also get it plugged in.

Do a google search.

You need to take it to somewhere that has the diagnostic equipment to plug it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom