Merc W124 300D (1992) ELECTRIC WINDOW

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JWC1982

Car
W124 Mercedes 300d - 1992
Hi, hopefully someone could help?
My Merc which I only purchased yesterday makes a strange noise when I operate the driver's electric window. The window does go up and down fully, but I have to guide it for the last few inches as it makes the terrible noise and appears to go wonky also. Is this the regulator that I've read about or is it the guides or something?

On a slightly related note, the passenger side window doesn't move at all is it on a separate fuse or not or could this be a duff switch?

thanks in Anticipation

JWC

Hi, hopefully someone could help?
My Merc which I only purchased yesterday makes a strange noise when I operate the driver's electric window. The window does go up and down fully, but I have to guide it for the last few inches as it makes the terrible noise and appears to go wonky also. Is this the regulator that I've read about or is it the guides or something?

On a slightly related note, the passenger side window doesn't move at all is it on a separate fuse or not or could this be a duff switch?

thanks in Anticipation

JWC

Sounds like the last few teeth have worn excessively on the regulator, causing the cog to slip on them. This a common problem with a w124, you can either replace it with another regulator, or do as I have and repair the old one.

To repair the old one remove the regulator from the car, then using a welder fill in the last 4 teeth with weld, and cut some new teeth in this to the correct profile. It takes 10 min's and has never been a problem since (4 years).

The passenger side sounds like the fuse has gone, as in Balge's post above.

Hope this helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom