mercedes 123 280 E Manual very rare

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What a crap add,no details at all,service history missing low miles always a ?
,they are selling very cheap at the present time 123s

Last edited:
Actually he's a member here and I know the car.

He bought it reasonably cheap requiring a headgasket which he's just done. It is a pretty genuine car and a genuine seller and Mercedes fanatic/talented tame mechanic. He just has too many cars at the moment and English isnt his first language. If he says everything works as it should then he means it.

I love the interior colour.

He's selling his 450SEL also.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-450-sel-/280718572906?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item415c217d6a

He's in Brentford, suggest a viewing if you are in anyway interested.

Last edited:
i would love to speak to him if you know him,would be interested & in uk thursday to collect if deal done

Actually he's a member here and I know the car.

He bought it reasonably cheap (no surprise there) requiring a headgasket which he's just done. It is a pretty genuine car and a genuine seller and Mercedes fanatic/talented tame mechanic. He just has too many cars at the moment and English isnt his first language. If he says everything works as it should then he means it.

Car is a dog,wasnt worth what i spent travelling from Ireland to view it,

If he says everything works as it should then he means it. BS

VERY LITTLE RUST = car is rotten totally,

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Sounds consistant with what one should expect from a W123 thats up for a bag and a half really...

Does look really nice in the pics to be fair so can see how the excitement set in and took over....

I am not the only member on here that has seen this car so careful what you say here because I think you'll quickly find you may just get called out on this. The car is not rotten at all with only a few very minor areas of surface rust as was described to you over the phone. Did you find anything that wasnt working on the car? I take it you didnt....

I can only assume you are trying to cover up for being a timewaster and non paying bidder.

Lucky for you the seller was so reasonable as to pick you up from the airport and then return your entire deposit when you said you didnt want the car. Many would have told you where to go.

Sp!ke i am interested in this car but the seller has not returned my emails at all..

Would you have a word and find out what the issue is! There is no number on the listing.

Jay, just slightly off topic, i saw my first SEC wide-body in the flesh yesterday at Halfords and have to admit the sheer presence of these things have left me wanting to sell all my cars and buy one of them.....

The one I saw was a LHD Koenig bodied 560SEC in black with velour interior and lots of custom wood on the doorcards etc... Numberplate was G9 SUK...

The owner has just bought it after rescueing it after being laid up for 5 years....

Makes me want to see yours one day at a show or something.....

Dee:I was not the one with the Kompressor badges on the wings,was it

No, this looked like it just stepped out of 1989..... very period, no new nasty bits.... the speaker grills on the rear shelf were proper 80's stylee....that kind of thing.

Was very dirty and the wheels lacked lustre.... the rear numberplate surround was one of those old red Hella light type things....

The guy said it was going into paint next week, but have to say he was not very enthusiastic to talk about it, maybe he was in a rush... But to be fair he answered what questions I asked him, (as if he had a choice! lol).... Not even my cossie parked nearby was enough to make him want to engage abit longer, maybe its me, Im always ready to talk to another MB enthusiast!....

Dash PM your number and ill text you the one pic i took on the sly.....

Last edited:
I am not the only member on here that has seen this car so careful what you say here because I think you'll quickly find you may just get called out on this. The car is not rotten at all with only a few very minor areas of surface rust as was described to you over the phone. Did you find anything that wasnt working on the car? I take it you didnt.... sunroof isnt working will i go on

I can only assume you are trying to cover up for being a timewaster and non paying bidder. Travelled from Ireland and paid deposit straight away ?????Timewaster

Lucky for you the seller was so reasonable as to pick you up from the airport and then return your entire deposit when you said you didnt want the car. Many would have told you where to go.If i brought someone from Ireland to view that and mislead them,he wasnt surprised why are you

I could go into everything and wish i took pictures,but I sum it up like this I have contacted 3 people about cars on this forum and bought two as they were what they said, so now you can take it how you like that car is ROTTEN,as for your becareful bully someone else,only one timewaster on this thread as far as i am concerned and thats my opinion.

Give it to you like this why isnt it sold at that price ,thats the acid test (think about it )

Sounds like the car was not for you ?

Anyway keep looking many more on the market

Best of luck

Sp!ke i am interested in this car but the seller has not returned my emails at all..

Would you have a word and find out what the issue is! There is no number on the listing.

He's has been on holiday - returned today I believe. I'll drop him an email to let him know.

Thanks, dont worry im not expecting a perfect car for that money. As long as its not tooo bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom