Mercedes 190e 2.6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deen121

Car
Mercedes 190e
Hi I have a mercedes 190e 2.6 and I want to do engine swap from Mercedes w210 3.2 any good garage who can do this kind of job around west Midlands

Hi I have a mercedes 190e 2.6 and I want to do engine swap from Mercedes w210 3.2 any good garage who can do this kind of job around west Midlands
Straight six to V6? Is there enough width in a w201's engine bay to fit a V6 in?

Unless your 2.6 is TRUELY broken -- electrics are different----you may have increased insurance costs---lack of originality will drop its value-- not advised

The 3.2 V6 is a big job. The 3.2 straight six m104 from a early w210 / w124 is much easier. Been there done that , fantastic :)

If you are going to go the V6 route may as well go V8 as not much more work !

The 3 litre m103 is more or less a straight swap

The 3.2 V6 is a big job. The 3.2 straight six m104 from a early w210 / w124 is much easier. Been there done that , fantastic :)

If you are going to go the V6 route may as well go V8 as not much more work !

The 3 litre m103 is more or less a straight swap
I have a low mileage W210 with only 51k mileage and I wanted to take out engine and gearbox from this vehicle to swap in to Mercedes 190e 2.6 and then fit turbo later on. Can you do the job.

I have a low mileage W210 with only 51k mileage and I wanted to take out engine and gearbox from this vehicle to swap in to Mercedes 190e 2.6 and then fit turbo later on. Can you do the job.

Fraid not . I just paid someone else to do it :)

Completely understand the logic as older Merc engines are getting somewhat rarer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom