Mercedes 190E Evo II for TV shoot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom Maguire

Hello MB Club,

I am a colleague of Marc Lis, who has been trying to source a SL55 AMG for The Used Car Roadshow on the Mercedesclub forum, and I am also looking for a rather rare model myself, the 190E Evo II.

I appreciate that we're asking for quite a tall order in that the Mercedes we are looking for aren't exactly thick on the ground, but forums like this have proven to be invaluable resources in the past for helping us track down the cars we would like. In short, any leads that can be offered will be gratefully received.

So, if you know of anyone who could point us in the right direction for either of these Mercedes, that would be great.

If you haven't read Marc Lis' post, then I'll explain where we will be filming and when: the event will be held at Powderham Castle, just south of Exeter in Devon on Saturday 8th July - yes that is this weekend. Sorry about the short notice!

Any and all travelling expenses will covered by us, as well as admission costs for you and guests. We also provide food, drinks and refreshments throughout the day on-set. All in all we try make it as an enjoyable day for our contributors and guests as we possibly can.

Thanks for reading and I hope that you may be able to help us out on this one.

Regards,

Tom Maguire

[email protected]
The Used Car Roadshow
www.usedcarroadshow.co.uk
Daisybeck Productions

used car roadshow is one of my favourite TV shows. Great that it covers some real nostalgic 80's cars.

Very refreshing format, compared to that 5th Gear that has tried to copy Top Gears format and failed totally, miserably.

I can see this programme getting picked up by a terestrial chanel pretty soon.

Good luck in your search, friend had an Evo 2 about 10 years ago , got written off though :(

Thanks for the response. It's nice to hear from people who enjoy the show. We do pride ourselves on being a more down-to-earth alternative to programmes like Top Gear etc.

Shame about the Evo 2; it's one class peice of kit.

All the best...

If you need any moderen cars i.e. W203 and W220 (both only 2 years old) suffering from rust then I will certainly will be able to attend your show/film shoot...:devil: :cool: :D

Would love to say yes - as we have enough to do already! But they are a bit too modern for our needs, unfortunately. Thanks for the offer however.

Flash said:
If you need any moderen cars i.e. W203 and W220 (both only 2 years old) suffering from rust then I will certainly will be able to attend your show/film shoot...:devil: :cool: :D

Sounds like a plan, ive got a 220 to attend too, when ive got some free time on my hands ill try writing a letter to watchdog. There are a lot of members here who have had rust work delinced initially but after kicking up a fuss the work has been done. There must be a lot of owners who just give up and get the work done at their expense. Something worth thinking about.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom