Mercedes 2001 3.2 diesel W210 loss of power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lord Creed

Car
Mercedes e320 diesel
Hi everyone I'm having problems with my mercedes 2001 3.2 diesel. it keeps losing power after heavy acceleration. I've changed the mass air flow sensor, turbo, cleaned the cat and more yet its still losing power and won't rev over 3000rpm!! please help as this is driving me insane!

Do you get an error message in the speedo display such as ECP when his happens?

Can you see air in the plastic fuel lines when the plastic rocker cover is removed and you rev the engine?

Have you had the car diagnosed on STAR?

Hi there, yes i did get an error message for the first time 3 days ago after pushing the throttle down hard reading ECP. regarding the plastic fuel lines etc i haven't checked this. I have however had the diagnostics done at mercedes last week but no faults just old stored ones. Regards

I have had the exact same issue, only it will still rev. Had it looked at today and got 4 injectors leaking. It did have a fuel pressure fault showing for rail pressure when I had it on STAR. Will report back when the injectors are done.

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

thats great news as haven't met anyone with the same problem and its driving me mad!

It won't rev over 3000 because it is in limp mode, possibly via the MAF but this doesn't mean the MAF is faulty.

Plastic fuel lines need to be checked, could be leaking air into the system. If you're lucky, just the O rings need changing. Change fuel filter if hasn't been done. Also check air pipes (intercooler etc) ensuring no splits

Yes it will. It's in at Swadlincote Diesel to be sorted. At least 4 injectors leaking! Waiting to hear what the damage is to my wallet!

Yes it will. It's in at Swadlincote Diesel to be sorted. At least 4 injectors leaking! Waiting to hear what the damage is to my wallet!

Did STAR not show their QCVs out, then?

Got loads of OM613 spares inc. fuel system, as I might be 'throwing in the towel', so the wife recently tells me...:(:dk:

The STAR session was a little while ago and the starting issue has got worse recently. Decided it was best to get it sorted out once and for all.

Still not ready! Injectors are out. No.4 was siezed in and the body is damaged. Testing the others on Monday.

Hi everyone I'm having problems with my mercedes 2001 3.2 diesel. it keeps losing power after heavy acceleration. I've changed the mass air flow sensor, turbo, cleaned the cat and more yet its still losing power and won't rev over 3000rpm!! please help as this is driving me insane!

Had same problem with my 220 cdi....it needed a new Mas Air Flow Sensor.

Good luck.

Regards
John

It will be low fuel pressure - injectors, high pressure pump or split lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom