Mercedes 208 clk headlight switch problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxjak1

Car
mercedes e350 coupe
Hello, after turning engine off and removing key, the dash says lights on, the switch is off, however the number plate lights and the dash lights stay on. Removed fuses does not make any difference.
Change the headlight/ lights switch? or the feed to the number plate light is damaged somewhere? its a convertible boot wiring were it joins the body?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello all 75 viewers, just changed the light switch module, not hard just a few screws, no change.
Does anyone know were a ecu or relay that activates the lights on message on dash, still have number plate light on will check wiring now at the boot to body cable.
any good ideas?

really would appreciate a view on wha tthis maybe

Number plate wiring constant feed

Hello, there is a constant feed to the number plate lights, triggering the lights on messages, when the lights are turned off.
The lights will not go out, have disconnected the wires and the message is saying problem with the lights.
Something is powering the number plate light wiring, removing the fuse does not change anything.
There is an aftermarket radio, cd player sat nav, with one of those daft flip screens ( it touches the gearstick).
Perhaps some bodger has messed something up, or something is melted somewhere, were do I start.
Everything in the car works good, even the roof, the headrest light comes on sometimes.
The panel with loads of screws in the boot does the wiring for the number plate go behind here?
HELP please, can't keep responding to myself, billy no mates!!!

Last edited:
Setting the thread title prefix to 'Solved' probably doesn't help...

maxjak1 said:
Hello, there is a constant feed to the number plate lights, triggering the lights on messages, when the lights are turned off. The lights will not go out, have disconnected the wires and the message is saying problem with the lights. Something is powering the number plate light wiring, removing the fuse does not change anything. There is an aftermarket radio, cd player sat nav, with one of those daft flip screens ( it touches the gearstick). Perhaps some bodger has messed something up, or something is melted somewhere, were do I start. Everything in the car works good, even the roof, the headrest light comes on sometimes. The panel with loads of screws in the boot does the wiring for the number plate go behind here? HELP please, can't keep responding to myself, billy no mates!!!
Hi Whitenemisis, solved after no responses,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom