Mercedes 211-faulty airmatic compressor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fagerdaal

Car
Mercedes-Benz E220CDI
Hi guys.

Im gonna try my best to describe my problem with my bad english..

I have an 2008 E280 with airmatic, where the strut in front driverside started to leak. Got a new one from arnott and changed this, and the car was ok for 5 days until i got the malfunction with a car and arrow in the cluster, and the car droped down in the next three days.

I thinked it was the compressor that was broken after the leak, and got a new one from arnott today that i installed, but nothing happens.

When i start the car i got the message "please wait, vehicle rising", and after a minute or two, i got the red warning "stop, car too low". The compressor wouldn't start at all, even if i go into star to try something. I can hear all the valves function, and the clicking in the relay.

Now i got an faultcode that says "5508 The pressure line system leak", and if i go into that i got up "B7 Airmatic pressure sensor" that says 6,31 bar.

Is there someone who had the same trouble? Is it the valveblock? Or could it more likely be a broken wire?

Definitely check the wiring to rule it out. They are very common for faults.

Try the old compressor again, just to see if it fires up or not.
Could be a faulty new compressor as most are reconditioned units.

Hi,
Sounds exactly the same issue as I recently had I went as far as replacing the valve block entirely complete with the B7 sensor.
Made no difference at all.
I thoroughly checked for leaks in the system and after speaking to Olly at PCS he suggested to take the rear half of the passenger side wheel arch liner off as there were a couple of the airlines going to the rear and he had known them to wear through where they ducked down towards the floor pan.
I had checked my pump even putting it directly on a battery and it ran perfectly but it just didn't want to run on the car, and as STAR was indicating a leak I thought the pump was being stopped because of this.
It turned out to be a faulty pump which I had resisted replacing as I was convinced it was ok.

Well the pressure you are getting from the new compressor is way too low,at 6.31 bar,so as suggested put the old one back on the car and see what that does.

Did the new pump come with a new relay? If not possibly the relay is the issue. If the pump runs the relay would be the next in line.

The pressure i get from the new compressor, is zero, cause it wont start at all!!

Yes, the new compressor came with a new relay, and it's changed.

I saw the new relay from arnott just have 4 pins, and the original has 5.
Anyway, i set in a new relay with 5 pins like the original just to be sure, but nothing happend..

I checked the 40A fuse in the fuse box in engine room, and it's ok. Is it some mire fuses to this system?

I tried to put a wire between 87 and 30 in the relay, and nothing happend. If i put the wire in 87 to ground in the engine room, the compressor started.

now i don't get connection between the control module to airmatic and star, has to figure out of this later today..

Also its 12v in the 40A fuse, but only 3-4v in the socket for the relay. Suppose i has to look under here on the wiring to see if it's ok.

Problem solved!

It was a broken wire to the compressor relay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom