Mercedes 3 in the 2008 JD Power Survey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"As to how J.D. Power arrived at the results, market researchers investigated the satisfaction of American customers within the first 90 days of their vehicle purchases, evaluating the quality of both the concept and execution of the vehicle."

Many satisfied customers after 90 days then, I wonder how they would fare if asked after their first B service? or after 3 years?

Russ

"As to how J.D. Power arrived at the results, market researchers investigated the satisfaction of American customers within the first 90 days of their vehicle purchases, evaluating the quality of both the concept and execution of the vehicle."

Many satisfied customers after 90 days then, I wonder how they would fare if asked after their first B service? or after 3 years?

Russ
I criticised this survey when the E-class was way down the list so I'm not going to jump onto a band wagon when folks see sense :devil: :D

We have had our early 2004 car from new, it's certainly had its fair share of teething proplems but now we have solved the drain battery isuue, it's the bee's knees. When my mate Alfie gets near it with thye missing option!! :D :D

John

i loved my car in the first three months i had it , it was only after 2 years i realised i hadnt actually got my moneys worth

Russ

A good point and its always best to qualify any test results by the criteria used. However I guess its better than before where presumably folks were unhappy with their cars within the first 90 days. ;) To me that indicates 2 things-they are coming from the production line better screwed together and the Dealer PDI's are perhaps a bit more thorough. :) I agree this doesn't tell you much about long term ownership issues with paintwork, dealer servicing, depreciation etc. which is probably just as important.:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom