Mercedes 300E Carat Duchatelet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a shame that it doesn't have Carat Duchatelet wheels, but it appears to be a good example.

Last time it was for sale, I asked the then seller if he would part with his tow eye cover for £50. Instead of a simple "No", I received a very rude reply!

Hopefully it's a different seller this time round!

Darren

Wasn't this up for sale recently with carat wheels? Or was it another white one? The one posted in here seemed to be in a tatty state but the kit and wheels generated a bit of interest.

And why has he got a tuck shop instead of an armrest.

I did notice the wheels and thought at the time it's a shame that they aren't the originals.

Nor is the Steering wheel by the look of things, although I could be wrong there?

And why oh why do they insist that it has a Private Number Plate, it's just a NI (Northern Irish) number plate!

He says it's been in the same family for the last 16 years, so could be the same guy.

Ciao.

Nor is the Steering wheel by the look of things, although I could be wrong there?

I think that (unusually) it is a Carat wheel.
Most 'kitted cars appear to not received the steering wheel (as with mine).
I guess that with my case, it's got an airbag and I'm not sure Carat made their own airbag steering - they would have trimmed a standard wheel if one opted for the Carat Duchatelet interior.

Darren

Didn't spot the steering wheel, it's different to the one I have on mine which I think is original to the car (well, according to the owners manual & brochures that I have it is).

The steering wheel is an original Carat and IMO the best looking version Carat did for w124/6s.

This steering has the script in Italics, other versions usually had the script in capitals.

talbir

And why oh why do they insist that it has a Private Number Plate, it's just a NI (Northern Irish) number plate!

On that basis, all 'private plates' aren't because they are just British plates ...............

If it was an aftermarket purchase then transferred to the vehicle then it is a private plate to all intensive purposes.

Whether it is deemed a 'good one' is open to debate

Hi all this was my car for sale on ebay it came in at work cheap . quick question the person who bought the car wants prof that its a genuine carat is there any way i can prove this ie service books etc any help would be great cheers dan

On that basis, all 'private plates' aren't because they are just British plates ...............

If it was an aftermarket purchase then transferred to the vehicle then it is a private plate to all intensive purposes.

Whether it is deemed a 'good one' is open to debate

...intents and purposes...:):):)

Hi all this was my car for sale on ebay it came in at work cheap . quick question the person who bought the car wants prof that its a genuine carat is there any way i can prove this ie service books etc any help would be great cheers dan

if u contact carat and as for body spares they as for chassis no and they will only sell spares to genuine owners as they do not wants kits to be sold to customise cars, i also believe on the door steps is should be stamped carat not usual w124:cool:

i also believe on the door steps is should be stamped carat not usual w124:cool:
Not all of them,some had only the exterior.

Hi the person who bid on it on ebay has pulled out so car is back up for sale on piston heads the link is

Mercedes : Mercedes e300 rare white carat Duchatelet model

I will post up a proper add when i have 30 posts untill then fill free to ask any questions the only thing the car dosent have is the owners hand book:thumb:

Not all of them,some had only the exterior.

but u cannot by replacement i have been told unless u own the car which has it they do not sell kits to redo std car is this correct?

if this one way of making sure

I'm very tempted. I love a bit of retro. I'm loving the blue interior too - reminds me of my own :D. Shame that in my area people tend to ruin the nice things around them; I don't even live in a bad area.

hi i will take £900 for a quick sale i need the space thats the loweset i can go give me a ring on 07709423665 Dan if you want any more info cheers

Hi Nick. Welcome to the forum. The old links are not working for me. But not many of them knocking around. I would say it is that car.

Good Luck with it and fire away with any questions.

Have a cabby round our site and see the different sections for posting in.

Kick off with any intro in the "New Members" bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom