Mercedes 300se coupe 1965 r.h.d. Barn find same owner for 42 years

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How does the number plate not go with the car ? I understood a car needs to be MOT tested to transfer the number

Didn`t know they did airmatic on them day`s :D

What a gem, strange he quotes 69k mls,but speedo reads 59107,lovely old car though.

Looking in the background of the pictures, I'm wondering if the car was found in the sellers barn or in someone elses and whether they had permission to take said find.

That might explain why the number plate isnt included... i.e. the car is for spares only.

Looking in the background of the pictures, I'm wondering if the car was found in the sellers barn or in someone elses and whether they had permission to take said find.

That might explain why the number plate isnt included... i.e. the car is for spares only.

Yeah,see what you mean.

Unless the seller is going to put the car through a test, the plate WILL be stating with the car.

The plate might still be valid and in use on another (MOTed) vehicle owned by the current keeper, having been transferred to it when the Merc was SORNed?

Did a quick reg. check on EPL 1B and the number doesn't come up as being on any car at the moment.

There's a few threads tonight about dodgy ebay ads for Mercedes. This is the 3rd one I've read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom