Mercedes 300SL Sports/Convertible - Superb 1990 Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think it fits the car perfectly, especially with the cream leather.

Colour aside, it's a nice car for very little money :)

Asking price of £3500 for a 2-owner SL convertible with 64k on the clock is great value :cool:

As much as I dislike being cynical, there are a couple of sentences that don't gel.

I bought it in 1999 from my very dear friend after his wife died – he had bought it for her new in 1990

Further down, she says:

A Certificated VMC mileage check and full history search was carried out by Mercedes Main Dealer Carols of Wolverhampton, prior to the transfer of the vehicle from the first lady owner to myself.

All MOT certificates from date of acquisition to present date showing year on year genuine mileage.​

I'm surprised by the lack of paperwork from the first owner, her very dear friend, and I wonder about the bootlid replacement. Does the rear bumper look a slightly different shade?

If the car is as described though, it's very cheap, and better still, it's called Vera!

Last edited:
two tone
old
slow
heavy

try selling it....

start with at least a 320 you'll want the extra 40 bhp and torque. or find a 24 Valve M103.

For £4995 I would take instead the rather nice 1998 SL500 with full history that I looked at the other evening.

As much as I dislike being cynical, there are a couple of sentences that don't gel.

I bought it in 1999 from my very dear friend after his wife died – he had bought it for her new in 1990

Further down, she says:

A Certificated VMC mileage check and full history search was carried out by Mercedes Main Dealer Carols of Wolverhampton, prior to the transfer of the vehicle from the first lady owner to myself.

All MOT certificates from date of acquisition to present date showing year on year genuine mileage.​

I'm surprised by the lack of paperwork from the first owner, her very dear friend, and I wonder about the bootlid replacement. Does the rear bumper look a slightly different shade?

If the car is as described though, it's very cheap, and better still, it's called Vera!

My "phrases" are:

company director
lady owner
part of private collection
sold on behalf of friend/customer/gentleman
no more questions/emails
page long puffery about little old lady driving on high days etc

If I see any of the above nonsense I move on to the next advert

Well it didn't last long! I reckon somebody got a bargain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom