Mercedes 420 SEL / 500SEL Genuine Amg Body Kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not sure it isn't just a set of Sacco panels plus a rear skirt ?

It looks to be missing the o/s wing cladding panel.

£466 it went for, mental money for non amg

Errr....no, it's the full AMG kit plus stock side claddings.

Absolute steal, those side skirts are like gold dust, not available easilt anywhere and alone would cost 800 quid from MB dealership.

talbir

Errr....no, it's the full AMG kit plus stock side claddings.

Absolute steal, those side skirts are like gold dust, not available easilt anywhere and alone would cost 800 quid from MB dealership.

talbir

It was a follow on from the previous post about it being non AMG, without part numbers I could not confirm if they were / were not AMG items.

And they're not an absolute steal, they are market value as this is what they went for in an open market.

It was a follow on from the previous post about it being non AMG, without part numbers I could not confirm if they were / were not AMG items.

And they're not an absolute steal, they are market value as this is what they went for in an open market.

My sentence re absolutel steal was a direct comparison to MB dealership price, as specified in the sentence. No reference to open market pricing made.

Oh, and i picked up the items yesterday - all AMG part numbered of course (not that one needs part numbers on pre 92 items to determine authenticity) and perfect items. What an absolute steal !

thanks
talbir

all AMG part numbered of course (not that one needs part numbers on pre 92 items to determine authenticity)

I though it would have had HWA?!!

My sentence re absolutel steal was a direct comparison to MB dealership price, as specified in the sentence. No reference to open market pricing made.

Oh, and i picked up the items yesterday - all AMG part numbered of course (not that one needs part numbers on pre 92 items to determine authenticity) and perfect items. What an absolute steal !

thanks
talbir

But come on talbir who buys this stuff from dealers now?

Even you get it off ebay

But come on talbir who buys this stuff from dealers now?

Even you get it off ebay

yes, exactly why i go on ebay - open market but not always informed, as is the case with this auction...most thought it was non-AMG, but everything apart from the side mouldings are genuine AMG items for a gen II w126 SE. Circa 450 quid for the whole lot is one of the deals of the century. Lots of people pay 200 quid for the rear AMG boot lip alone !

thanks
talbir

:(
i bought that but it never materialised.. the seller was a muppet.

Hi Jay, do you mean you bought teh SEL AMG Widebody kit (or the thing Talbir advertised?). I presume you mean the AMG widebody kit, what a shame if so, genuinely duifferent to the normal! I hate it when sellers do this!

Errr....i did buy that kit....it's for an SE and i;ve always wanted to do that conversion, haivng already done the DOHC SEC Widebody.

This one will be a Widebody SE with AMG Stage 1 engine...all the bits in my garage, just need to find the right donor car (ideally LHD) and send to bodyshop !

Engine will be a straight swap if i can find a Gen 1 500SE.

I never had any issues with the seller, the kit came straight to my door within a week, i must have got lucky ! Or maybe cos we're both muppets, great teamwork ! :)

thanks
talbir

Last edited:
Errr....i did buy that kit....it's for an SE and i;ve always wanted to do that conversion, haivng already done the DOHC SEC Widebody.

This one will be a Widebody SE with AMG Stage 1 engine...all the bits in my garage, just need to find the right donor car (ideally LHD) and send to bodyshop !

Engine will be a straight swap if i can find a Gen 1 500SE.

I never had any issues with the seller, the kit came straight to my door within a week, i must have got lucky !

thanks
talbir

Oh you did buy it, how funny! Sorry I didnt realise!

I am confused though.. perhaps you can clarify? I have never seen any AMG literature as evidence of a SE/SEL Widebody existing.

Therefore, is it a modification of a SEC AMG kit, or a replica or what?

I like it either way! Cant wait to see!

Oh you did buy it, how funny! Sorry I didnt realise!

I am confused though.. perhaps you can clarify? I have never seen any AMG literature as evidence of a SE/SEL Widebody existing.

Therefore, is it a modification of a SEC AMG kit, or a replica or what?

I like it either way! Cant wait to see!

i too have never seen any literature on a sedan widebody...however, all the parts are part numbered so i just need to match them up with the sec widebody part nos that i have....we'll see if it's an adaptation.

thanks
talbir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom