mercedes 560 sec convertible RHD not seen another like it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
chassis strenghtened if is worth inspection and more info about coach builder price shot up to 4k already

Here's another picture of it:

OR-CoveredWagon.JPG

Don't get how it is a barn find can have a long mot?

Roof is wrong for sure

Have come across two coachbuilders in the states also[ all their cars will be LHD of course.
R. Straman
Mercedes_560SEC_Convertible_Straman_1.jpg

and Coachbuilders of Florida
1200px-1986_Mercedes-Benz_560_SEC_convertible_conversion_front.jpg

Have come across two coachbuilders in the states also[ all their cars will be LHD of course.
R. Straman
Mercedes_560SEC_Convertible_Straman_1.jpg

and Coachbuilders of Florida
1200px-1986_Mercedes-Benz_560_SEC_convertible_conversion_front.jpg
Those roofs fit correctly the ebay car looks like a child was given the task of fitting the roof.

I'm not sure I've seen a roof that bad for some time! Even some old mini convertible roofs were better than that. What a shocker. Lets down the whole car.

...for the love of God,Why?

This is answering a question that no-one has asked...

It just doesn't work :eek: :eek:

Hideous both with the roof up and down - that's quite an achievement. What a waste of an SEC.

...for the love of God,Why?

This is answering a question that no-one has asked...
Probably popular in countries where the sun shines most of the time and people with more money than sense wanted a 4 seat Mercedes convertible.:dk:

The cruellest chop since Sir Walter Raleigh was sliced in 1618 and squared his impending headlessness thus:

EVEN such is Time, that takes in trust
Our youth, our joys, our all we have,
And pays us but with earth and dust;
Who in the dark and silent grave,
When we have wander'd all our ways,
Shuts up the story of our days;
But from this earth, this grave, this dust,
My God shall raise me up, I trust

Imagine the extra drag and consequent turbulence that god awfully ill-fitted roof must create at any kind of speed.

"The car has full main dealer service history up till 1990..." That's a full two years! 26 years ago...

"I used to have a convertible and charged £1000 per day for asian weddings but don't have time to get involved anymore." I suspect it wasn't this convertible...

Last edited:
(Rhetorical question) Where is the fifth seat mentioned in the listing?:dk:

Must be a rumble seat, under the hood at the very back. That's why it's so long.

Probably popular in countries where the sun shines most of the time and people with more money than sense wanted a 4 seat Mercedes convertible.:dk:

Kind of see the point in 1989, if money was no object..

But in 2016, if a classic Mercedes 4 seater Cabriolet is what one wants... just go for a W124 Cabriolet...... imo opinion of course!

Saying that..... The W126 magic top (electric metal folding roof!) version is a work of art and cool factor is through the stratosphere!...... Even if it looks abit off when the roof down and sitting on the rear bootlid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom