Mercedes 7 day free insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E280wilson

Car
Bmw 435d
Has anyone else had trouble accessing Mercedes First cover on the web site.
It just says sorry your session has expired.
Need to get it sorted so they can tax my new car. I did phone them at 5.45 and while on the phone got logged on but when i got to the last page it crashed and said sorry your session has expired :wall bash:
Well its still busy now :fail

You could try clearing your cache and cookies and try again. If that doesn't work, it looks like problem is on their side.

cheers, Steve

You could try clearing your cache and cookies and try again. If that doesn't work, it looks like problem is on their side.

cheers, Steve
At various points in an online transaction the website you are interacting with sets a temporary cookie on your computer just to check its still "speaking to the same person" so to speak. If it can't do this for some reason then the session times out- hence the message and the suggestion above.

Does anyone know if this is the norm - do all MB dealerships give you 1 week complimentary insurance on new cars? Any catches?

Does anyone know if this is the norm - do all MB dealerships give you 1 week complimentary insurance on new cars? Any catches?

It's the norm on new and approved used.

As long as you are truthful and they accept you there should be no catches.

AFAIK its still underwritten by AVIVA if that has any bearing on the situation. You deal with MB insurance personnel on the phone. They were quite helpful for me covering both new car and my existing car till I got it sold at no extra cost when it came to take out the full policy. Their later quote for the full policy was competitive- possibly to get the new business just like other insurance companies

Unfortunately, from my experience there are catches but they don't tell you till you call up to take the insurance.

I have just bought a W205 C250, and they won't insure me on that because I'm under 25. Every other mainstream insurance company is happy to insure me, so not sure why Merc cant.

When my father bought his Vito Traveliner XLWB - they wouldn't insure that either as the maximum they would insure on a Traveliner was a LWB but would happily do a XLWB on a Dual-liner!

I am actually considering complaining to Mercedes Insurance about this as this kind of thing is not mentioned in their exclusions clause or Policy Wording document.

I've used it many many many times without any problems and I get a free Mercedes chrome pen with every quote too ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom