Mercedes A140 starting and cooling fan problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ecutesting.com they fully rebuild your maf/ecu for £149.99 plus vat works out to be around £170 with vat.

It's probably only a little piece they needs changing out they should bench test it first. Dud they ask you for ecu model number and did they say they can fully bench test it ?

yes they asked for all the numbers also they will do a test to make sure it is defective. I know the maf is nackered anyway. do you know about the connectors that plug in the back off the ecu/maf as I did a test with ignition on and the top connector has three live wires and three earths but bottom connector had no lives or earths!!! is this right or not?? thanks

Last edited:
Dunno about that without looking at pin out. If you find out they are meant to be power then it should be a quick fix hey

I know that the maf / ecu is combined on these and are prone to breaking, my ecu blew twice on my C32 and wasn't giving the fan any power so fan ran emergency mode. I fitted a harness with a 10ohm resistor from a sl 500 so ecu would not spike again. Apologies I haven't been much help :(

you been loads of help. will let you know what happens when I get my ecu back. thanks Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom