Mercedes A150 Brake Pad Wear Warning Light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bhavick28

Car
Mercedes
Hi All,

I've got a Mercedes A150 manual and a couple of days ago I was driving and the brake pad warning light came on the dash so i know the pads are gonna need doing soon however today, when i was turning around in a narrow street i don't what happened but literally loads of warning lights started flashing up on the dash. There was a alternator warning light and battery warning light that came on but they went away after i turned the car on and off. But the ABS warning light and brake pad wear light and ESP warning light are still on, does anyone have any idea what could cause this happen suddenly?

I measured the battery voltage and just with the key inserted it reads about 11.8 to 12 so i think the battery is ok and i also checked the terminals and they seem fine too so am really confused as to what's going?

Also can anyone recommend a good place to get a replacement set of brake pads please?

Your battery needs charging. That will eliminate the error messages.

I'd contact MB Grangemouth for a price for pads. They are very competitive.

Your battery needs charging. That will eliminate the error messages.

I'd contact MB Grangemouth for a price for pads. They are very competitive.

Are you sure my battery needs charging because I thought the reading I was getting at 11.8 to 12 volts was enough voltage when the car was off. I also switched it on and then measured the voltage again and it was between 13 and 14 so i assumed it was ok. I did start the car and let it run for a while to help it charge but it's made no difference so far, maybe if i leave it overnight it might help. What would cause all the lights to come on like this?

Thanks

P.S I forgot to mention when warning lights were coming on steering became very heavy, it was like the car power steering anymore either?

The warning lights came on because of low voltage. At 11.8 your battery has only 30% charge.
With the engine running and a reading of 13v+ shows your alternator is charging the battery but every time you start the car it takes a long run to put back the charge you have used.

Try putting it on charge until you have a full charge and see if the warning lights go.

download.png

Thanks for your help just to let you know i recently got a brand new battery fitted and the car has been fine since then:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom