Mercedes A45 AMG vs Honda Civic Type R Drag Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nico2014

Car
W204 C220 CDI sport, W204 C350 CDI Sport, W212 E350 CDI Sport and Now E63 AMG 6.3 AMG PP
Hi folks,

Here is another video for the A45 drivers (you will be pleased)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs_Md5v_e9M

This a45 is an animal from start line.

So let me get this straight. 380bhp 4wd and dual clutch gearbox with LC is quicker than 300bhp with FWD and manual. No way.

Of course it's not. The guy said so in the video.

It was a question of how much of a difference all those things make in a race.

I didn't expect the R to take THAT much of a savaging ...

I'm quite sorry that I passed on a 45 for another Eclass this year, but the 45 is WAY too small to carry all of my crap around.

The type r is so fugly it hurts my eyes

Predictable that the A45 would win, but the difference in pace surprised me.

That was a surprisingly poor 1/4 mile time for the civic (14.7?) I used to get 14.9 out of my Accord type R 16years ago when I was a yoof!

Which other hatches look better?

Lots - start with the Focus.

The W168 and W169 A-Classes were quirky (if a little unstable !) mini people carriers but with the W176 the model has morphed into a bland-looking hatchback.

Take the plastic star off the back and remove the (not very attractive) generic "wide mouth" grille from the front and Voila ! - you have a Hyundai something-or-other.

A45 = 228 bhp per ton

Type r = 221 bhp per ton

That sort of gap must be down to Awd, auto box and launch control.

I wonder which is quicker around the Nürburgring :p

A45 = 228 bhp per ton

Type r = 221 bhp per ton

That sort of gap must be down to Awd, auto box and launch control.

Exactly, there is no skill in getting an auto with 4wd and LC off the line. My mum could do it.

I wonder which is quicker around the Nürburgring :p

From memory the A45 isn't even close to the Honda. Something in the order of 20s slower. Actually, I read very recently that the Honda has only just lost it's record to the new Golf Gti Clubsport S. But there's a new Civic Type R due early in '17...

I didn't expect the R to take THAT much of a savaging ...

I'm quite sorry that I passed on a 45 for another Eclass this year, but the 45 is WAY too small to carry all of my crap around.

Cla:thumb:

i-CONICA said:
Which other hatches look better?

Seeing as the A class looks like a modern day Micra/Ka (i.e a girls car) there are a few but,

Impreza hatchback looks miles better, and manly

To be fair, I own a Honda and race it, if I had a choice between the 2 cars it would be the A45, it's not as focused as the Honda and easier to live with day to day, not taking it away from the Honda though it's there first attempt in the hot hatch turbo scene and they've done an admirable job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom