Mercedes Accident Management - what is the point?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ddentrec

Car
W123 280TE, W123 200T, W203 C180K
Please help me - I think I am missing something here...

A lorry on the M11 lost its tyre last night: BANG! the shredded tyre carcass went straight through the lower part of the radiator of my wife's C-Class.

She pulls over: all the 'Coolant Loss' warnings are flashing. Kids are crying.

Then she calls the MB help line 0800 ??? 7777777 (that came with the car's documents): engaged tone. Tries again: engaged tone.

No worries: she calls the MB 'Accident Management' 24hr help line and is directed to Maastrich were some bloke is asking here about the car's colour, history (which is 101% full MB from new): full 10 mins later bloke says he will call back.

Now the kids are not happy. And nor is my wife. But the bloke calls back and asks for credit card details for the £185 recovery charge: since it is 'not an accident involving another vehicle' you will have to pay and reclaim from your insurers. You had a 'collision' and that is not covered.

Is that really MB 'Accident Management'??

My Mondeo offers a full 'no quibble get you home' collision/accident cover - I just read it.

I'd like to know how a shredded tyre flipped from another vehicle is 'not an accident involving another vehicle'

I suggest you keep your receipts, select 'bloody angry but calm', and start making complaints.

Parrot of Doom said:
I'd like to know how a shredded tyre flipped from another vehicle is 'not an accident involving another vehicle'

I suggest you keep your receipts, select 'bloody angry but calm', and start making complaints.
Totally agree,
If the lorry stopped did your wife or any other witness get a description? If not I would either contact the local tyre companies to see if they were called out to a lorry on that stretch of road, or........... contact the Police and say you were involved in an incident where the other driver failed to stop :eek: :eek: It might be thin ice, but your wife and children might very easily have been injured, (your children sound like they were shocked)

Good luck
John

All accident management companies are basically a con to get you to put the claim through them so that they can rescue you, send you a fabulous hire car, do staggeringly expensive repairs and incite you to make a huge claim for injuries (whether you had any or not). They then whack the third party with the charges.

This scam falls apart somewhat when there's no third party to claim off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom