Mercedes after sales servicing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyMercUK

Car
Mercedes C220 CDI AMG SPORT
This isn't really a rant, just thought i'd explain my experiences of Mercedes so far.

I purchased a C Class Coupe in Feb 2012, the second day I had the car the boot lid froze up and would not shut so took a trip back to my dealership with a bungee strap on the boot. Turns out when they got it in the workshop the boot had defrosted and was back to normal.

Had no other issues until December 2012, obviously with the weather getting cold the boot didn't like it and froze up again one morning. Spoke to Mercedes, I explained that it had happened before so they took it in for the day. Got the car back, apparently they adjusted the lock which seemed to have fixed the problem. Until a couple of days after the boot froze up again, it was decided by Mercedes that they would replace the locking system, I had release the lock with a screwdriver and then wait a couple of days for parts to come in.

Lock was replaced and all seemed fine until I washed the car that weekend and there were 3 nice scratches on the top of the bumper, bottom of the boot. Spoke to Mercedes, very apologetic and had the boot buffed out that day.

Had the car delivered back to work, I shouldn't really have to inspect it plus didn't have time being busy at work. Nipped out at dinner time and I could not believe my eyes :wallbash: the drivers side alloy wheel was really badly curbed! Rang Mercedes straight away (feeling quite embarrassed to have to ring a second time about damage), I was asked to send pictures of the damage. Later that afternoon I had a call explaining that no one knew about it however they would repair it. The wheel had to be sent off due to it being diamond cut.

Had an E Class on loan for a week but that is another story. The car was disgustingly filthy!

Anyway, I picked the car up with my shiny looking alloy on, parked it up at work, the sun was shining on it looked down the side of the car and NOOOOOOOOOOOOO a dint above the petrol cap. Now I clean the car most weekends and no what little marks it has on it and I had most certainly never seen this dint before.

So this is the third time the car had been damaged, I spoke to Mercedes UK this time explained the situation, and they said they would call my local dealership. I got a call straight away from the servicing manager, he could not believe it had been damaged again, HE could not believe it, IIIII couldn't believe it!!!

So here we are today and just arranged for a dent man to come out to my house and fix the dent.

I'm just so annoyed with Mercedes right now! :mad::mad::mad:

I truly feel your pain, I have had terrible service from MB so far. I have even used a number of dealers in the north west!

It is totally frustrating when your spending money on a premium brand with the lack of a premium service!

The fact is that staff who work at dealerships don't seem to communicate, take care with in there work or give a shi$ !

My car will now ONLY go to an independent garage that my family have used for years.

Its actually booked in with him for steering creaking as MB failed to fix the problem twice. I would rather pay for it and get it fixed the first time.

As you car is much newer, I would suggest speaking to the dealer principle manager. They usually take things further.

Good luck.

This post is not about Mercedes "after sales servicing" though, it is about a specific dealership who appear to be rather careless with cutomers cars. Perhaps you should find another dealership, explain the issues you had previously and hopefully they will take extra care of your car? :)

This post is not about Mercedes "after sales servicing" though, it is about a specific dealership who appear to be rather careless with cutomers cars. Perhaps you should find another dealership, explain the issues you had previously and hopefully they will take extra care of your car? :)

I see what you are saying however they are representing Mercedes.

Not your local dealer is it Jonny...;)

The parts department are top notch, yet rather frustratingly servicing is quite the opposite.:rolleyes:

Not your local dealer is it Jonny...;)

The parts department are top notch, yet rather frustratingly servicing is quite the opposite.:rolleyes:

Like I said to the lady at Mercedes UK, the servicing department have been really helpful and gone out there way at getting the issues fixed, also sorting out a good price for my first service. I'm just frustrated the car has got damaged in the first place.

Sorted!

08da9_NewImage96-300x355.png

To be fair they have sorted the problems out, some garages would tell you to take a jump especially for the dent

At least they put it right, had my BMW in for a service and they managed to scuff the bumper, they refused liability even though the bodywork assessor said the scuff wasn't there before it went it :doh:

Not your local dealer is it Jonny...

The parts department are top notch, yet rather frustratingly servicing is quite the opposite.

What he said....

The only MB authorised guys I use when I can't/won't hack a repair myself are Europa on Suffolk Rd Sheffield. The more mature staff also remember W124s and W126 which is handy.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom