Mercedes-AMG E63 (W212) | Spotted m156

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice find. Great write up.
There is something magical about this engine it has to be said. :thumb:

^ I'd give that two likes if possible. :D

:D one for the comments.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D8 for the likes. N/A V;)

Last edited:
Wrong engine in an E Class though, OK in a C but forced induction suits the E so much better. ;)

Why is it the wrong engine?

That exhaust sound is a bit of a let down on the 5.5 ;):D

^ I'd give that two likes if possible. :D

Play ground comment at best!!!!

Why is it the wrong engine?

That exhaust sound is a bit of a let down on the 5.5 ;):D

yv5gL9K.jpg

It's the wrong engine for me too, as I believe as its far more suited to the C63, which I think is a brilliant package, especially the BS and the 507.
However it does not work as well in an E class as forced induction engines do.
The 55k engine is better in a W211 IMHO ( I drove both on the same day) and it appears from the comments from people who have driven both that the M157/M177 forced induction is more suited to the W212/213.

Lets see, the M157 is quicker, has more BHP and torque, is easily mapped to 700bhp for under £700 and can be made to sound as good as an M156 for about £300. You seem unable to accept the E63 has been improved with each new version, (yes, I think the 4.0tt is better than mine) and can only post about the exhaust note of your car being better than a stock M157. Nobody has disagreed, including me, but this is the third thread in which you have to remind us. Its so boring now, so how about giving it a rest?
Remind me in what other area the M156 leaves the M157 behind?

View attachment 91225

It's the wrong engine for me too, as I believe as its far more suited to the C63, which I think is a brilliant package, especially the BS and the 507.
The 55k engine is better in a W211 IMHO ( I drove both on the same day) and it appears from the comments from people who have driven both that the M157/M177 forced induction is more suited to the W212/213.

Lets see, the M157 is quicker, has more BHP and torque, is easily mapped to 700bhp for under £700 and can be made to sound as good as an M156 for about £300. You seem unable to accept the E63 has been improved with each new version, (yes, I think the 4.0tt is better than mine) and can only post about the exhaust note of your car being better than a stock M157. Nobody has disagreed, including me, but this is the third thread in which you have to remind us. Its so boring now, so how about giving it a rest?
The M156 is more progressive in it’s power delivery, making it easier to modulate the throttle than the M157, so it’s better suited to track driving, or really making progress in a B road. Both are theoretical benefits for the average driver.

View attachment 91225

Express your thoughts to AMG themselves. They can confirm to you why they put that engine in the W212. And explain to them your reasons for them not to have put that engine in the w212 shell.

Oh! I didnt realize the the 157 had more torque and bhp.

Is it only the 3rd thread I have mentioned the mighty noise the 156 gives off :D

Express your thoughts to AMG themselves. They can confirm to you why they put that engine in the W212. And explain to them your reasons for them not to have put that engine in the w212 shell.

Oh! I didnt realize the the 157 had more torque and bhp.

Err, when the W212 was introduced in 2009, the M156 engine was the only one available to put in the E63. The M157 was still on the drawing board.
The M157 wasn't introduced until 2011 in the E class.

If you look in your handbook you will see the 6.2 has 518BHP and 465 ft lbs torque.
The 5.5 Biturbo has either 550 bhp and 530ft lbs or the E63S has 877BHP and 590 ft lbs.

The latest 4.0 Biturbo has 603BHP and 627 ft lbs. Each model progression has seen better performance figures along with improved economy.
I'm not trying to score points or diss your car Tom, just point out every newer model is better.

Err, when the W212 was introduced in 2009, the M156 engine was the only one available to put in the E63. The M157 was still on the drawing board.

If you look in your handbook you will see the 6.2 has 518BHP and 465 ft lbs torque.
The 5.5 Biturbo has either 550 bhp and 530ft lbs or the E63S has 877BHP and 590 ft lbs.

The latest 4.0 Biturbo has 603BHP and 627 ft lbs. Each model progression has seen better performance figures along with improved economy.
I'm not trying to score points or diss your car Tom, just point out every newer model is better.

Better to who? And at what?

Wrong with your bhp figures also for the w212 e63 6.2!!!!

Wrong with your bhp figures also for the w212 e63 6.2!!!!

Depends where you get your info. I've seen 525BHP in some magazines. Its certainly no more.

And it appears you have trouble understanding each new model is better than the previous one. Its quicker and more economical for a start.

Another thread I'm done with.

Still on the drawing board lol. And still didn't win an engine award. That makes it even more crazy. Lol

The W212 E63 6.3, we will give it it's full title. Shouldn't be known as an AMG master class in the W212 shell.

There you have it folks. You heard it here first !!!!!! :doh:

Better to who and for what?

Still on the drawing board lol. And still didn't win an engine award. That makes it even more crazy. Lol

The W212 E63 6.3, we will give it it's full title. Shouldn't be known as an AMG master class in the W212 shell.

There you have it folks. You heard it here first !!!!!! :doh:

Are you sure you haven't logged into your Dad's account?
This is like conversing with a 12 year old.
Bye.

Nice car and just up the road from me.
The only real issue is the cost of the discs?
You are talking BIG money as there are very few places to buy them.
Worth a look for someone but they need to ask some questions about the brakes and life left in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom