Mercedes-AMG One - limited mileage after 31k needs engine rebuild

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its a version of a F1 engine, they need rebuilding after every race.

Most owners will never get to that mileage anyway.

Not one of these will ever get anywhere near the mileage to need a rebuild. I am not sure why anyone would be surprised at this level of care required for a new MB? As we all know pretty much every modern MB's need to be plugged in 24/7 just so they start after being left standing for a short while ! :p

"The carbonfibre-bodied, four-wheel drive hypercar was claimed to be capable of 218mph and a 0-124mph time of 6.0sec, plus an electric-only range of up to 16 miles, when it was revealed as a concept. It's unclear whether these targets will be met with the production version."

Slightly facetious. Lol.

16 mile range eh?
Thats not really selling the car is it:wallbash:

16 mile range eh?
Thats not really selling the car is it:wallbash:
16 miles in electric-only mode seems alright to me. I doubt many owners will travel further without running the IC engine.

Its a version of a F1 engine, they need rebuilding after every race.

Most owners will never get to that mileage anyway.

Thats not strictly true these days, engines never used to be built for thermal cycling to keep them light, but modern A356.0 Silicon-Alloy blocks are very good at this whilst being light stable, and strong. Basically the older F1 engines got hot, and once they cooled down they were toast. The AMG 1 and the fact it can do 31000 miles is quite a feat given the fact the whole power unit including batteries only weighs 400kg.

I think it's a let down.
Would prefer a slower car with more longevity. Once you have very fast car who cares if it's 0.2 secs quicker to 120 than the next guy.
The mileage that these cars will cover will be tiny, and for those who buy them the cost of rebuilding the engine will either be someone else’s problem or an acceptable cost for owner an iconic car.

engine rebuild every 31k miles :)

I think it's a let down.
Would prefer a slower car with more longevity. Once you have very fast car who cares if it's 0.2 secs quicker to 120 than the next guy.
The mileage that these cars will cover will be tiny, and for those who buy them the cost of rebuilding the engine will either be someone else’s problem or an acceptable cost for owner an iconic car.
That may we’ll be true but I suppose think it’s a let down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom