Mercedes AMG S class W221- AMG facelift conversion? Need some advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam87

Car
S65AMG V12 BiTurbo & S63AMG V8 BiTurbo Designo
Hi everyone,

Hope you’re all keeping well.

As some of you know I used to have a Mercedes S600 w221 model and I done an AMG facelift conversion to that car apart from the headlamps and everything just bolted on.

I regretted selling the car and now I’ve just bought another pre facelift S class but this one is a genuine AMG model.

I’m thinking of doing a facelift conversion to this car too but the adverts that sell the facelift AMG bumpers say that they are not for an AMG model?

I thought all the S classes are the same and the AMG bumpers should just bolt straight on like they did on my old S600?

Are genuine AMG cars different?

Also my new ( to me ) car has parking sensors but they are hidden behind the bumpers. The facelift AMG bumpers have the parking sensors exposed. Will I be able to use the original sensors that my car currently has or are they different?
I haven’t taken the bumpers off to see what the sensor look like.

Any help/advice would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
Any ideas? :)

No, I haven't.
Do you have the body kit? :)
ok brilliant as I thought you have purchased it and it didn't fit. I need your cars exact year of manufacture and model if it is an L or not then I could ask my suppliers and get back to you with the best price. Bare in mind there will be shipping and customs and taxes to also add which change depending on the climate, also the exchange rate of the currency makes a big difference especially when the orders are in the 10s and 20k USD as that's the currency these factories I deal with trade under. So prime example I can give is I sent $10k just a week before to my manufacturers for a 20k bill as part payment then Liz Truss came into power and our economy went down so by the time I made the second installation the difference was of almost £1800 hence I am saying with larger orders it is a pain in the back side however I am certain this kit you require will be peanuts in comparison in terms of value.

p.s just recap to what you said above your car is a genuine AMG so does it have night vision and distrionic cruise behind the front grill? as all these things will make the difference of fitting or not hence the factory that manufactures the parts will make it bespoke to fit your car perfectly.

also to note do you want the quality to be made of Wet Carbon or Dry Carbon which is also more stronger and less weight or the 3rd option is Forged Dry Carbon which is the best quality kits.

I will get you prices to the different variants.

Regards

Abir

Loved what you did to your old one, fabulous. Looking forward to the mods on this one :thumb: Can't wait

Thank you!

I haven't done much to the car as I'm still undecided what to do with it, leave it as it is or make a few changes 🤔.
I've had the car for three weeks now and I've only driven it once, the day I picked it up.... I need to make a decision and use it asap.... I don't want to leave it parked up and just look at it 😁

Thank you!

I haven't done much to the car as I'm still undecided what to do with it, leave it as it is or make a few changes 🤔.
I've had the car for three weeks now and I've only driven it once, the day I picked it up.... I need to make a decision and use it asap.... I don't want to leave it parked up and just look at it 😁
Better put it on charge then ;)

Better put it on charge then ;)

I've already changed the main battery in the boot as it wasn't good. The previous owner didn't use the car much the last few years also. I've put it on trickle charger.
Is it better to connect the trickle charger to the main battery in the boot or the smaller one in the engine bay?

I've already changed the main battery in the boot as it wasn't good. The previous owner didn't use the car much the last few years also. I've put it on trickle charger.
Is it better to connect the trickle charger to the main battery in the boot or the smaller one in the engine bay?
I don’t know the answer to that , both mine have got only one battery . I’m sure any S class owners will know.
I would guess the main battery may charge the auxiliary as well ??

Hello Sam,

I have got you the best price for all of this for £600 plus shipping and taxes will need to be applied. I have asked my supplier to also give me a price for all inclusive for delivery to your home address so am just waiting for him to get back to me.

Please bare with me thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-20230102-WA0033.jpg
    IMG-20230102-WA0033.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-20230102-WA0034.jpg
    IMG-20230102-WA0034.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-20230102-WA0035.jpg
    IMG-20230102-WA0035.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-20230102-WA0036.jpg
    IMG-20230102-WA0036.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-20230102-WA0037.jpg
    IMG-20230102-WA0037.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20230102-WA0032.jpg
    IMG-20230102-WA0032.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20230102-WA0032.jpg
    IMG-20230102-WA0032.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 26
Wow that's not a bad price at all, do the rear doors need to come off to fit the side skirts?

It is a great price!
I'm still in two minds what I want to do with the car looks wise.

As for the side skirts, I have seen online that people remove the back door but when I had my other S class, I removed the side skirts without removing the doors :)

From what I have seen, the hardest part for me will be finding a distronic compatible facelift grille. I would imagine the one included will not work.

I beleive you will have the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom