Mercedes Antifreeze

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charliewade

Car
2003 C200k Coupe
Hi Everyone just wondered what everyones view on antifreeze is ?
Ive a 2003 C200K Coupe with the M271 engine and am going to change the antifreeze before it gets any colder, ive got 25ltrs of deionised water to pop in (not all of it lol) and wondered what the best anti freeze to use is ive seen a lot of threads talk about making sure the antifreeze is nitrate free etc the coolant in my car is currently blue in colour but I know on my other car which is a ST220 the coolant is red so do I go red or blue or even yellow ive seen decisions decisions :) any advice gratefully accepted :dk:

Thanks guys appreciate that :) will get some MB stuff I know its sometimes more expensive but does the job and you cant go wrong

i was under the impression that merc antifreeze is good for 15 years
no doubt someone with more knowledge than I will throw some light

i was under the impression that merc antifreeze is good for 15 years
no doubt someone with more knowledge than I will throw some light
Only the newer stuff which I believe is orange coloured and may have a slow release sachet of anti corrosion inhibitor somewhere also.

anyone know the cooling system capacity its a 2003 C200 Kompressor Coupe got the 1.8 M271 engine I am guessing usually German tiny cooling capacity to aid warm up etc. etc.

blimey a big old system then lol guess was wrong there so better get my 5ltr order in with Mr Mercedes and get a mixing that antifreeze up
thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom