Mercedes Approved Triple QX Oil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EuroCarParts

Authorised Forum Sponsor
Car
European
Hi Guys,

The Oil team, here in Wembley have been working very hard over the past 2 years with our Triple QX engine oil, and I know many of you have chosen it for your past services and are pleased. This hard work has helped us to become the number 1 Oil supplier in the after market.

Earlier this year, our 5w40 PD (521776081) was approved by VAG for use in VW505.01

Yesterday, we had confirmation from Mercedes that our Triple QX 5w30 C3 Engine Oil (521776061) has passed their manufacturer testing and been given full Mercedes Approval for use in MB229.51.

Currently they are all on offer during our weekend sale, Have a look here:

Desc: TRIPLE QX 5w30 Fully Synthetic (Low Saps C3) Engine Oil 5Ltr
Part No.: 521776061
List Price: £46.79
Was: £38.99
Now: £28.20 Save 28%
TRIPLE QX 5w30 Fully Synthetic (Low Saps C3) Engine Oil 5Ltr
521776061.jpg

Pat :thumb:

That is very good news,now my stealer won't be able to sell me oil at £160 which cost him about £30. If he doesn't like it there are others.

Asda Home today Castrol Edge 0w-30w fully synthetic 229.51 spec £27 for 4 litres + a 1 litre top up free :thumb:

I picked up 10l of Triple QX 5w40 and 2 oil filters for £27. Bargain!

I picked up 10l of Triple QX 5w40 and 2 oil filters for £27. Bargain!

Can you give some links please to the parts you bought, as the prices seems almost too good to miss?

Cheers.

I thought you'd bought some 5W-30 MB229.51 for the same price, but the price you paid is still decent.

Hi, so which oil should I buy and where from? I have an 59 plate e250 cdi w212

kam09 said:
Hi, so which oil should I buy and where from? I have an 59 plate e250 cdi w212

I'm due a b5 service next month, trying to keep costs down! : (

Hi, thanks for the reply, so I've checked and that's the one I'm after, I can see they use 6.5 litres however its pointless me buying 2 lots of 5 litres as the rest will be unused.. Are their any alternatives? Regards

Great news, have always been impressed with the quality of parts and service from ECP.
Are any of the Triple QX oils MB229.5 approved? I've been told MB229.51 would be ok but don't want to take the risk. (06 SLK350)

Mark

Hi, thanks for the reply, so I've checked and that's the one I'm after, I can see they use 6.5 litres however its pointless me buying 2 lots of 5 litres as the rest will be unused.. Are their any alternatives? Regards

Hi Kam!

We supply the oil in 1, 5, 25, 199 ltr quantities

TRIPLE QX 5w30 Fully Synthetic (Low Saps C3) Engine Oil 1Ltr
Part No.: 521776062
List Price £11.99
Was £9.98
Now £7.14 (Save 28%)
TRIPLE QX 5w30 Fully Synthetic (Low Saps C3) Engine Oil 1Ltr

We currently have our final bank holiday sale of the year (until christmas) so promo codes are disabled - however there is actually 28% off this oil (not quite 30% but not far off!)

hope that helps!

Great news, have always been impressed with the quality of parts and service from ECP.
Are any of the Triple QX oils MB229.5 approved? I've been told MB229.51 would be ok but don't want to take the risk. (06 SLK350)

Mark

Hi Mark,

If you let me know you're reg, ill have a look at whats suitable :)

This promo no worky now :(

Hi IronDuke - We're at the end of the final Bank Holiday sale of the year (until Christmas) so promo codes are disabled

If you need something at the forum price, drop me a PM and ill be able to override the price for you! :bannana:

Pat

Hi, I realised my mb dealership used shell helix oil during last service, quality wise is there a big difference between shell and triple Qx?? there is on price! : /

IMHO the oil specification (229.51) is the definition of the quality. In that respect both oils meet the same minimum quality required. If anything higher was required then the OEM would specify it.

wemorgan said:
IMHO the oil specification (229.51) is the definition of the quality. In that respect both oils meet the same minimum quality required. If anything higher was required then the OEM would specify it.

So how come price is much higher for shell? I really don't know whether I should purchase triple Qx myself and save money or just let dealers use shell for higher price..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom