Mercedes approved used

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Really feel sorry for this bloke, what a disappointment the approved used scheme seems to be

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have to ask why he bought the car? If these defects are all bad enough to be seen by a camera on a phone then why didn’t he spot them before he bought the car?

I have to ask why he bought the car? If these defects are all bad enough to be seen by a camera on a phone then why didn’t he spot them before he bought the car?

I think it’s the wrong feeling of trust you get when you buy a car approved used.

The whole scheme is setup to make it feel like you are buying a perfect car which has been thoroughly checked by Mercedes-Benz and will be as good as new.

Reactions: GLK
Doesn't surprise me. I live near another brands dealership and some of the used cars on the forecourt look unbelievably shonky with flat looking repaired paintwork etc and I'm not even looking closely at them

Maybe it's a bit early in the day for me, but I find it very hard to follow the chain of events. He seems to be complaining about a Mercedes Approved Used Car, but I'm guessing the car he's showing is not as it was originally supplied to him, as he says it's been back with the dealer for two weeks. Why did it have to go back? What was happening in those two weeks? Were they just trying to fix the overspray and door alignment, or had there been some other damage either before or after the sale? Is he saying it went back for other damage, and then he found these problems, or have they failed to fix the problems he now shows?

Guy pointed out early in this video that he did not want a car with any bodywork or paint repair on it.

Seems "they" sold him a car with paintwork repair.

To be fair most purchasers have little or no idea how to check or spot paintwork repairs.

On this particular vehicle it is very obvious, after pointed out.

Personally, I would be hacked off, it had bought this car from a franchised dealer.

(Wife's car about to go in for an insurance side swipe claim to MB - will be extra vigilante when we collect).

MB are no better than any other these days.

The repair is of poor quality and his question on the gaps and door alignment are valid. Had his neighbour not have been doing 50 in a 20 zone as he sped past in his MB convertible (5:31 sec) he might have been able to flag him down to compare shut lines ! :p

I hope we hear from him again.

Why didn't he return the car within the 30 days or if its between 30 days and 6 months they have one attempt to put it right at which point he could get a full or partial refund under the Consumer Rights Act 2015?

The repair is of poor quality and his question on the gaps and door alignment are valid. Had his neighbour not have been doing 50 in a 20 zone as he sped past in his MB convertible (5:31 sec) he might have been able to flag him down to compare shut lines ! :p

I hope we hear from him again.
The video is a year old so i assume he has sorted the issues one way or another.

Yep, looks like a good outcome, here’s part 2.

The over riding point of his videos outline the fact that even an approved MB vehicle should be inspected in the same way as any other.
Don't trust MB have done a proper PDI and the car is faultless.

What does strike me as being wrong is the guy specifically asked for a car without damage and was sold one that obviously did have work done. His fault for trusting the dealer and not inspecting it thoroughly.
Why the car went back to the dealer for 2 weeks isn't made clear to me on watching both videos once, which does cloud the issue.

The problem is, when you visit 'Mercedes Benz' you are not actually doing that, you are visiting Sytner or Stratstone and the like, they simply have a franchise to sell MB.

The standards MB apply do not always filter through to the company with said franchise.

I found it interesting that after having my BMW into Coopers for a wheel alignment, BMW themselves called me and asked how my experience with the 'service centre' went. I've never had that with MB on the odd occasion I've been into Sytner MB.

The Manufacturer-Franchise system seems to cause many problems, brand quality (as in this blokes case) seems to be one of them.

What happened to the original car? Did they just whack it back on the forecourt I wonder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom