Mercedes apps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikesmith29

SUPPORTER
Car
2019 C200 Estate
I have a 2017 C300h with the Audio 20 system.

The issue I have is with the Mercedes apps, sometimes the Internet radio, weather and additional poi apps will work and at other times they will not.

The system uses my iPhone for tethering.

Mercedes me and my local dealer have told me that the C class was never fitted with these options and have no idea why I can sometimes get them to work.

Any one else with a C class and Audio 20 have the same?

I have a 2017 C300h with the Audio 20 system.

The issue I have is with the Mercedes apps, sometimes the Internet radio, weather and additional poi apps will work and at other times they will not.

The system uses my iPhone for tethering.

Mercedes me and my local dealer have told me that the C class was never fitted with these options and have no idea why I can sometimes get them to work.

Any one else with a C class and Audio 20 have the same?

I am not sure about the confusion on the dealer's side regarding the C-Class options, but just to say that sadly what you describe sounds normal.

I have been using Internet Radio and the Weather App for 3 years now, and yes the service is intermittent and often down for days.

When this happens, I would either get a 'Bad gateway 503' message, or 'The page cannot be found', or Internet Radio just hangs with a blank screen and the only way to revive it is by to switching off the unit then back on.

On other occasions I would get a warning message in German (even though the system is set to English), or the Internet Radio logon screen promoting for my username and password (which will not show again on the second attempt).

But all-in-all I really do like Internet Radio and the Weather App use these regularly. Luckily in spite of the annoyances mentioned above it does work well most of the time.

So, in a nutshell, there's nothing wrong with your car, it's the service on MB's side that's intermittent.

That said, I would suggest that you ask the dealer to update the Audio20 firmware to the latest version (if they have not done so already), if the car is still under warranty they should do it for free as you are complaining about an issue. It might not make a difference as such, but it's (usually) always better to have the latest software.

Mine downloads updates over the air and shows it as being up to date.
The dealer didn't have any new updates last Friday while it was in for service.

Just a thought
If you go into the options in the vehicle you can make the tethering connect automatically when you enter the car.
Not sure if the icons the same as mine alittle older but you know if you are connected via the yellow arrows in the top right corner of the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine does connect automatically.

It's just that the apps don't always load and Mercedes say they shouldn't be available in the first place.

Mines 2015 the apps always load and have always been there, very strange
As for connection very odd occasions it doesn’t connect automatically but if I go to the phone and flick tethering on it’s usually ok again for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom