Mercedes Audio 10 Stuck in PHONE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HIGHLANDMERC

Car
CLK320
I have a W208 fitted with the Mercedes Audio 10 RDS system. All was working well until I removed an old Nokia phone cradle as it was no longer needed. I cut the multi-core cable and taped each up each wire individually so they would not short. Now the audio system will not work. About one second after powering up PHONE is displayed on the screen. Any ideas much appreciated. Thanks.

There is a connection on the rear of the ISO block that is being provided voltage. Isolate that feed and the phone mute feature will stop being triggered.

There is a connection on the rear of the ISO block that is being provided voltage. Isolate that feed and the phone mute feature will stop being triggered.
Thanks for this advice. Having obtained the two special keys (Amazon) to remove the radio, I completely disconnected all the old Nokia wiring, including a yellow wire going to the ISO Block. The Audio10 now works fine including the steering wheel controls. Having traced the Nokia wiring I found a Nokia control box with various connections which I also removed. So simply cutting the cable to the cradle will not work, you need to remove and disconnect all the wiring.

Yes. If you remove the cradle the control unit is still plugged in and powered.

This will likely trigger a fault and cause the car kit to provide power against the phone feed.

Glad you sorted it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom