Mercedes-Benz 48-Hour Test Drive.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used to do this all the time from Merc and BMW and Jaguar...take a car for the week end. Not sure why they think this is so special.

Do they just hand them over without giving you a third degree pressure sales pitch etc?

Wouldnt mind evaluating a GLC or E estate.

Should add.. would be looking to buy probably used in a year or so, so not a time waster per se but probably not the intended audience for this promotion.

That’d use to be a favourite pastime of mine in the early 80’s in the days of the XR3 , XR2 and Capri 2.8. I would regularly visit a Ford showroom and scrounge a test drive with no intention of purchasing one. I remember once getting a 2.8 and took the salesman to my parents house so I could take my father for a spin. Left the salesman stood outside the house for half an hour. Worming out of that sale back at the showroom was a little tricky. They (several) tried to pressure me into the sale but failed.

Do they just hand them over without giving you a third degree pressure sales pitch etc?

I would imagine email and phone number is required, definitely address and license details so they have enough contact details to bug you in the future

No AMG 😢

currently have Jaguar I-Pace sat on my drive on 24 hour test drive, quite common amongst some marques. After all, cars are getting expensive so you need to know you’re buying the right one

No hard sales tactics, go for it.

No S so doubt I will take it up,but might give a E 300 a try just to see what this electric stuff is all about in real life.

Gave the i-Pace back today, chap asked what I thought of it and answered a couple of questions. And that was it - no pressure etc. Suspect Mercedes will be the same

Do not ask Mercedes Giffnock in Glasgow for a 48 hr test drive They are the WORST garage ever.
Obviously applies to those people in Scotland.

Looks like I should check out the latest E class estate....

Presumably they get enough people who sign on the dotted line after their test drive.

I guess you’d drive to the dealership and leave your own car, so turning up in a Merc could build some credibility if pitching for a test-drive in a higher-end model?

Though there’s no AMG, the SL is included, could be fun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom