Mercedes benz 500e auto 1992 smoke silver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice car! Something weird going on with the centre console wood piece though. Generally nice tho.

Isn't that more gold than silver? If it was silver i'd be tempted lol

California car means it will be lovely and clean...

Interesting to see what it ends up selling for.

the car is smoke silver.. my fav colour combo

the centre console switch gear seems to have sunk, no biggie..

but i smoke silver is super sexy..

just asked wifey and she said no...

but this is one of my dream machines..

one day.. one day.

Just emailed the owner and it has very little maintenance records at all, he is not sure about the wiring harness but says the car has no faults and no rust.

Looks pretty clean though, had new paint on hood, roof, boot due to sunburn from the Californian heat along with a few bits and pieces recently.

What's it worth gents? Even has the MPH speedo which saves guesswork when trying to stick to the limit on our UK roads lol!

Does look nice but I think the californian cars got less power...

No difference Jay.......emission controls were good enough by then to deal with the regs.

Only post sept 93 cars had a power difference, they had 7 bhp less.

cheers
talbir

Talbir is spot on. The later cars came with a couple bhp less. Can't imagine it would make a huge difference in the real world.

Talbir, what's the progress with your 6.3 manual??

Talbir is spot on. The later cars came with a couple bhp less. Can't imagine it would make a huge difference in the real world.

Talbir, what's the progress with your 6.3 manual??

None, the engine is still in LA, sitting completed and ready to be shipped.....i am there in March so hope to sort out that last hurdle.

cheers
talbir

The later cars came with a couple bhp less. Can't imagine it would make a huge difference in the real world.

Yes, that's why post (face lifted) late 93 cars are often upgraded with an earlier (92) LH module to increase to 326ps as against 319. And your right in the real world the difference is only at WOT !

Last edited:
Look forward to seeing more once you have it over to the UK and setup.

Did you end up using your (040) Black 500E for the doner?

Cheers,
Bill

Just emailed the owner and it has very little maintenance records at all, he is not sure about the wiring harness but says the car has no faults and no rust.

Interesting when he clearly stated on his ad :

I have a complete and comprehensive history documenting the full 163000 miles (looking and driving more like 16300 miles);

:doh::wallbash:

Looks pretty clean though, had new paint on hood, roof, boot due to sunburn from the Californian heat along with a few bits and pieces recently.

Expect the roof/Headliner to be sagging if it had that much sun damage.

What's it worth gents?

As usual with no history and no knowledge of expensive maintenance done on it, £7k (maybe)

I first saw this car for sale sometime last year when an ad was placed a couple of times in Classic Car Weekly?, the price was a little under £9000.

It was then up for sale again (on ebay I think) not long after that for around the same price. It seemed to be a dealer flipping it, possibly the same one who's now just moved it on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom