Mercedes-Benz B67875877 Bluetooth Adapter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mayflower

Car
Mercedes E300 Diesel 2008
Hi All,

I've just joined, so bear with me if this has been answered before. I've looked, but not found anything relevant, so far. I bought a 2008 MB E300 Diesel, recently and it was delivered without a Mercedes-Benz B67875877 Bluetooth Adapter. I asked my local Mercedes garage and they said it was a question of getting the adapter and that I should look online, as it would be cheaper. Having bought it on Ebay, I plugged it in the cupboard between the seats and tried to set it up. I follow the instructions, but the adapter neither seems to recognise the car (which doesn't get past 'searching' on the screen) or the 4 telephones I've tried. The phones didn't manage to pick up the adapter on bluetooth either when scanning. I took it to the garage and they couldn't figure it out either. Is it a faulty adapter? It lights up when connected. I contacted the vendor, who just refunded me. Was I doing anything wrong? Do the adapters need to be upgraded for more modern phones? Should I just buy another one and try again?
Thanks and regards
John

It was probably a faulty adapter. I use the same one and it works fine with an iPhone 12. The unit has not been upgraded since it was new some years ago.

Hi All,

I've just joined, so bear with me if this has been answered before. I've looked, but not found anything relevant, so far. I bought a 2008 MB E300 Diesel, recently and it was delivered without a Mercedes-Benz B67875877 Bluetooth Adapter. I asked my local Mercedes garage and they said it was a question of getting the adapter and that I should look online, as it would be cheaper. Having bought it on Ebay, I plugged it in the cupboard between the seats and tried to set it up. I follow the instructions, but the adapter neither seems to recognise the car (which doesn't get past 'searching' on the screen) or the 4 telephones I've tried. The phones didn't manage to pick up the adapter on bluetooth either when scanning. I took it to the garage and they couldn't figure it out either. Is it a faulty adapter? It lights up when connected. I contacted the vendor, who just refunded me. Was I doing anything wrong? Do the adapters need to be upgraded for more modern phones? Should I just buy another one and try again?
Thanks and regards
John

What is the build date of your car? If 06/2008 or later, then you have an NTG2.5 head unit that supports bluetooth HF built in. This car has a bluetooth adapter socket for the SAP profile adapter, the HF profile adapter would not work.

If an earlier build date, are you sure you tried to pair the phone as explained in the manual? Press the adapter button for a few seconds and the blue led starts to blink fast, at this point your phone should find the adapter. Enter the code "MBUSA" when asked.

What is the build date of your car? If 06/2008 or later, then you have an NTG2.5 head unit that supports bluetooth HF built in. This car has a bluetooth adapter socket for the SAP profile adapter, the HF profile adapter would not work.

If an earlier build date, are you sure you tried to pair the phone as explained in the manual? Press the adapter button for a few seconds and the blue led starts to blink fast, at this point your phone should find the adapter. Enter the code "MBUSA" when asked.
Hi Diesel Benz
Thanks for the reply. Had to check what you were referring to, but yes, the car has the NTG2.5 head unit. You say it supports bluetooth? Is there another adaptor socket somewhere else? Do I even need the B67875877 Bluetooth Adapter? The Mercedes garage told me I had to get the unit and plug it in, so have not looked for alternatives. Thanks in advance.
Kind regards

What sort of socket do you have in your front central armrest? A picture is worth a thousand words...;)

Hi Diesel Benz
Thanks for the reply. Had to check what you were referring to, but yes, the car has the NTG2.5 head unit. You say it supports bluetooth? Is there another adaptor socket somewhere else? Do I even need the B67875877 Bluetooth Adapter? The Mercedes garage told me I had to get the unit and plug it in, so have not looked for alternatives. Thanks in advance.
Kind regards

If it is NTG2.5, just remove any bluetooth adapter from the connector and pair your phone directly with the head unit. This is for bluetooth handsfree telephony, not for audio streaming.

The VIN code would be useful to double check what you need. The advice from an MB garage is lottery. Some there know their stuff, some talk rubbish.

The bluetooth HF adapter is for NTG1 (and similar) head units. NTG2.5 does not need it for bluetooth HF.

As above, NTG2.5 supports handsfree bluetooth without any adapter, I have 2.5 in my SLK and have both our Samsung Galaxy A10's paired with it without any adapter.

If it is NTG2.5, just remove any bluetooth adapter from the connector and pair your phone directly with the head unit. This is for bluetooth handsfree telephony, not for audio streaming.

The VIN code would be useful to double check what you need. The advice from an MB garage is lottery. Some there know their stuff, some talk rubbish.

The bluetooth HF adapter is for NTG1 (and similar) head units. NTG2.5 does not need it for bluetooth HF.
Thanks very much. Will give it a go.
Kind regards
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom