Mercedes-Benz C180 2010 (60 plate) - 1.6ltr/BlueEFFICIENCY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clarkson

Car
Mercedes C180 1.6 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, I've recently bought this car in the title 'Mercedes-Benz C180 2010 (60 plate) - 1.6ltr/BlueEFFICIENCY' and I'd really like to get a decent set of White Xenon headlights for it.

I was advised to go for this set H7 55w Xenon HID Headlight Conversion Kit for Can-Bus: HIDS 4U and take the Projector type with 5000K.

I'd just like some advice on what I should be going for, am I spending too much with the link provided above, £95 for that set? Can I get better for that price?

Thanks in advance,

Clarkson

Are you aware that fitting these contravenes the Construction and Use regulations unless you have headlamp washers and self levelling suspension?

Also it is or is about to be something that (assuming you have a vigilant tester) would be an MOT fail?

This may be of interest:Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Others will no doubt have thier opinions and tell you they have not had a problem with MOT tests etc and that no one will notice or bother you but unless the headlamp is designed for these bulbs and you have the other requirements in place then you are not complying with the law and run that risk.

As with anything it is down to you but just because something is for sale does not make it safe or legal :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the prompt responses really appreciate it, I'll be sure to checkout those links and see what suits me. Like you've mentioned I don't want to take a risk in failing MOT, hopefully I can find a good alternative.

Near the location I work, you see a lot of flashy cars with bright White headlight beams, it looks cool.

Will let you know how I get on, cheers!

I've had a look at Euro Car Parts, they have quite a few on there for my car. The ones below are specifically for my car.

It's quite strange you have a range of £100-150 and £5-30 nothing inbetween, but theres enough there.

GIdnCkq.png
Yc8wiwg.png
HrA2hQ3.png

Euro Car Parts | The UK's Number 1 Provider of Car Parts Online and In Store

I want the bulb to be White, try and suggest what would be the best one for me. Don't suggest any of the £100 ones please, I don't want to spend that much, thanks!

The xenon bulbs are for cars with original equipment xenon headlamps, you cannot fit those to headlamps that are not designed for them!

The xenon bulbs are for cars with original equipment xenon headlamps, you cannot fit those to headlamps that are not designed for them!

Interesting, I didn't know that. Is it easy to tell the difference between Xenon headlamps to the ones I have at the moment?

9iyUiws.jpg

Are those headlamps Xenon types or can you advise what will fit those headlamps? Cheers!

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ - The details you need - Make: Mercedes Model: C Class Year: 2010 Engine: 1.6 Fuel: Petrol

Appreciate it, thanks in advance.

You need to check your handbook for compatible bulb types:thumb:

You need to check your handbook for compatible bulb types:thumb:

Sorry for the delay, I have checked the handbook and it says 'H7 55W' with pictures and Halogen and Xenon (I'm not sure what mine is).

Recommend me atleast 1 or 2 models from the 5th post above, thanks.

As said in previous posts if your car does not have xenon headlights fitted then you need halogen bulbs and in this case you need H7 type as your handbook lists.

I have used the Osram with good results but others have recently reported good results with the Phillips extreme version. I am sure you will be happy with either.

If you are changing them yourself then take care not to touch the glass surface of the bulb s the oils from your skin can damage them.

What's the difference between these two Philips bulbs below?

Philips Mercedes-Benz Vision Plus H7 477 Bulbs (Twin Box) | Euro Car Parts UK?s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

Philips Mercedes-Benz Xtreme Vision H7 477 Bulbs (Twin Box) | Euro Car Parts UK?s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

Clearly, if I'm correct here, the second one labeled 'Unlimited' is the better product in comparison to the 'Plus'? Giving out 20% more whiter light.

Osram Mercedes-Benz Nightbreaker Plus Bulbs - H7 Twin Pack | Euro Car Parts UK?s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

Osram Mercedes-Benz Nightbreaker UNLIMITED - Performance Bulb Set - H7 477 | Euro Car Parts UK?s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

There isn't much info on the Philips models, the Osram Unlimited doesn't look bad, it's between that and the two Philips.

To be brutally honest, none of them will give you the same look as a proper xenon headlamp and if xenons is what you really want then you brought the wrong specc'd car.

Retrofitting xenons legally will be cost prohibitive to the point of probably being cheaper to sell up and change cars for one with factory fitted xenons.

Personally I dont think xenons offer much positives at all.

What's the difference between these two Philips bulbs below?

Philips Mercedes-Benz Vision Plus H7 477 Bulbs (Twin Box) | Euro Car Parts UK?s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

Philips Mercedes-Benz Xtreme Vision H7 477 Bulbs (Twin Box) | Euro Car Parts UK?s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

Clearly, if I'm correct here, the second one labeled 'Unlimited' is the better product in comparison to the 'Plus'? Giving out 20% more whiter light.

Osram Mercedes-Benz Nightbreaker Plus Bulbs - H7 Twin Pack | Euro Car Parts UK?s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

Osram Mercedes-Benz Nightbreaker UNLIMITED - Performance Bulb Set - H7 477 | Euro Car Parts UK?s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

There isn't much info on the Philips models, the Osram Unlimited doesn't look bad, it's between that and the two Philips.

No one here can give you anything other than a subjective answer on which is "best", as for "20% more whiter light" that is an incredibly vague and unscientific commnet that is meaningless.

Also 5000k is too white/blue, you loose around 25% light output with 5000k over 3600k, but that can be a bit yellow, so oem tends to be around 4300k which looks quite white and is still bright.

If you have projectors you could fit and HID kit but make sure you set them up properly so you are not dazzling someone.

What do you want, more light or just to look whiter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom