Mercedes Benz CL 500 215

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevin OB

Car
CL 500, SL 500, SL 280, Audi A4 Avant
My Cl 500 I think the compressor is at fault .is there a mod that you can do to fit all new Shocks and springs and disconnect the suspension ,I read it many years ago on a USA site, it might be expensive but i love the car .and want to keep as it is mint condition any help would be appreciated ,as of pro's and cons .is someone can put me in the right direction I did ask the indi merc .but never heard of the mod.many thanks.

My Cl 500 I think the compressor is at fault .is there a mod that you can do to fit all new Shocks and springs and disconnect the suspension ,I read it many years ago on a USA site, it might be expensive but i love the car .and want to keep as it is mint condition any help would be appreciated ,as of pro's and cons .is someone can put me in the right direction I did ask the indi merc .but never heard of the mod.many thanks.
Hi Kevin

Sorry only just spotted your post.#

I have a CL55 and know that you can change the ABC system over to shocks and springs. Sure I have seen it on youtube so just google it. It is a little scary with this model as if you popped it into a Mercedes dealership they would want to replace the entire ABC system to be sure so you don't come back which is £4-6k, but it may be just one part of it at fault.

I really like my car and enjoy the ride and it is a very good system and not as complicated as it might seem at first, so worth researching. But it needs keeping on top of. I did have an issue with mine and it cost me just over £1k on the end to resolve and ended up needed new 'accumulators front and rear' and 'pulsation damper' with a hydraulic oil flush and service of the ABC system (the hydraulic oil was a shocker at £15.80 per litre) but worth doing, you need 12 litres of it!

Check out this really good link on this blog, it is in depth, but very good explanation on the ABC system and I found really useful when speaking to my garage. Where are you based?
ABC System

Also this one on Youtube as he takes you through the system and replacing some of it, made me a lot less scared of owning a car with ABC:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Best

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom