Mercedes-Benz ConceptFascination

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeremytaylor

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280CDI Sport Est., CLK 200k Cab., VW T5 174, Citroen C8, and a 2CV!
Being announced at the Paris Motor Show.

If I had any brains, I could add a link to some pictures, but I haven't so I can't.

It's a 'Shooting Brake' 3-door coupe/estate. Looks like the new E-class at the front (W213?) with the rest looking a bit like a Lancia Beta HPE. Hopefully without the rust problems, although seeing as it's a Merc we can't be too sure ...

Looks nice to me!

Oh, that is lovely! I want one...........it's got a 70's look about it.

Just what the world has been waiting for.

merc-conceptfascination-2.jpg

If the load deck was long enough I would consider one, though I wonder how torsionally rigid and this design is with no B pillars over such a long stretch.

Details, details ... (I bet the production version has a B pillar)

I don't get why people would want to forgo a B and C pillar. it adds a huge element of safety + rigidity to the design, and IMO looks better.

I don't get why people would want to forgo a B and C pillar. it adds a huge element of safety + rigidity to the design, and IMO looks better.

So you can wind all the windows down and get the pimp CE look :D

Ade

Yeah.

I really like the look of that.

The BMW twin turbo 2.0 diesel is very impressive, loads of shove, alot light than the straight six would be. The Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo is 215bhp and is meant to be something else.

I think its the way cars are going, BMW are going to turboed sixes for the new M5. People don't want 8-15mpg from the M5 and E63 anymore.
Shame though as there is nothing quite as rewarding as stirring a nice NA engine.

I've always preferred the feel and fuel economy of forced-induction engines. but the C250 sounds top notch, 7sec 0-60 500nm of torque!!! wow! cant wait :)

204 BHP version of the 2.2 litre diesel sounds interesting!!

I drove an E class 220 for a bit, which is about 145 BHP (??) but it 'felt' a lot more than that. More than my Kompressor in fact!

The ConceptFascination previews the next-generation E-Class and CLK (which is not going to called CLK but will be called E-Class Coupe and E-Class Cabrio instead).

Well, I don't like it, looks awful. :eek:

If the load deck was long enough I would consider one

You mean it needs to be able to take in a rolled up carpet? :devil:

forget the E & C I want this one:) :) :)

They've learnt nothing from the R Class then.

cool now we have three threads about this ;)

Someone remind me tomorrow to merge them into one and then we can vote on which section the results should end up in :)

i like it

like a merc aventime

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom