Mercedes-Benz Deal or no deal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian 1

Car
MB A Class 180d sport
I bought my car from an out of town small MB dealership who rely on the internet for more sales, I was told this is why their cars are a better deal than larger dealerships, thoughts on this would be good....

I thought that Stuart, however I did a check on the computer, and it came back 9k more than we paid....

Boston, I was very pleased with the friendliness of the staff, and the customer service was excellent, all in all very pleased with the deal......

Possibly e.g. in London with a high density of affluent people, a London dealer doesn't have to discount as much as a remote dealer in a small village where customers are harder to come by where footfall is less?

Bigger discounts to be had in the North than the South East, and second hand car values are slightly less up north.... possibly...

I recently bought a new VW from a relatively small dealership who were very keen and they made the point that they have to try a bit harder as they're small.

Also, Boston MB is part of Listers, so even the group is pretty small. And without meaning to cast aspertions, it's hard to imagine their dealership portfolio of Boston, Hull, Grimsby and Lincoln is going to produce massive sales of MBs.

Not sure about the internet sales thing though - some manufacturers aren't keen on dealers selling outside their patch.

So they may be right Rory, as you say not a area of abundant wealth and they would need to generate sales, hence the lower price tag.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom