Mercedes Benz Dealer Stole my...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unusuall they go missing....but it has so replace it ASAP or i shall send you a reciept for a tom-tom!

I don't think he does.

Missing disc. See if the dealer has an "in" check list. They may have a mini inventory thing covering things like locking wheel nuts and nav discs. If not they should have. As Bobby D says its probably been through a few "agents" before it got back to you.

Hi, the manager just called and mentioned an electronic check list and said he was going to check it tomorrow and get back to me.

This is a joke, no way im paying over £200 for a new disc when they have clearly stolen my disc...

blaser24nig said:
This is a joke, no way im paying over £200 for a new disc when they have clearly stolen my disc...

Doesn't surprise me I left MB Glasgow with a different alloy and tyre...

Doesn't surprise me I left MB Glasgow with a different alloy and tyre...

Absolutely shocking. The manager was saying all the cars here are 12 months old or less so there would be no reason for anyone to take it out BUT someone clearly did...

blaser24nig said:
Absolutely shocking. The manager was saying all the cars here are 12 months old or less so there would be no reason for anyone to take it out BUT someone clearly did...

It will be someone way down the pecking chain. If your disc it's definitely gone it will have been resold on eBay by the thief for extra cash.

Anyone remember Fast Lane magazine? Sometime around 1989, they issued a special edition with an audio cassette (Now Hear This! I think it was called). It was a recording of Mark Hales driving around a race circuit (Brands?) in various performance cars, including an F40 and an Audi quattro. Sounded awesome, loved that tape, played it almost constantly in my car, the sound of the F40 screaming down the straight raised some mighty goosebumps...

I had an accident in my Audi Coupe and it went into Ian Skelley, Audi main dealer, in Liverpool for repairs. When it came back, the tape was missing from the player. Extremely annoyed, I complained to the bodyshop manager, who of course, denied all knowledge of it even being there and that nobody there would have taken it. They eventually agreed to replace the quattro rings on the doors FOC as the tape couldn't be replaced by then.

Not as valuable as a satnav disc OP, but just as annoying. Unfortunately, main dealers employ all types... Hope you get it sorted with a replacement disc.

Flyer said:
Anyone remember Fast Lane magazine? Sometime around 1989, they issued a special edition with an audio cassette (Now Hear This! I think it was called). It was a recording of Mark Hales driving around a race circuit (Brands?) in various performance cars, including an F40 and an Audi quattro. Sounded awesome, loved that tape, played it almost constantly in my car, the sound of the F40 screaming down the straight raised some mighty goosebumps...

I had an accident in my Audi Coupe and it went into Ian Skelley, Audi main dealer, in Liverpool for repairs. When it came back, the tape was missing from the player. Extremely annoyed, I complained to the bodyshop manager, who of course, denied all knowledge of it even being there and that nobody there would have taken it. They eventually agreed to replace the quattro rings on the doors FOC as the tape couldn't be replaced by then.

Not as valuable as a satnav disc OP, but just as annoying. Unfortunately, main dealers employ all types... Hope you get it sorted with a replacement disc.

Remember that. Also Jackie Stewart driving the then brand new mondeo around a track on tape

Happens at all dealers I think. A few years ago I had a Volvo S60 on demo for a few days and left my car in the dealer's 'secure' car park.

The removable section of the telephone antenna fixed to the rear window was missing when I picked my car up again. In fairness, they didn't charge me for the deep scratches they applied to the bodywork - that was done for free :(

They used to say never leave anything in a car that goes for service, but I suppose we all trust a main dealer.
the one I used claimed never to have seen the service book which I handed over to the receptionist myself.

Not required they say!! The FSH is on computer.

Never met a salesman that says that.

Last edited:
be polite but firm if a little indignant. tell them the disc was there when it went in, and on principle- you want it back. they'll cough and sputter a bit but will eventually come up with a replacement disc ;-)

be polite but firm if a little indignant. tell them the disc was there when it went in, and on principle- you want it back. they'll cough and sputter a bit but will eventually come up with a replacement disc ;-)

Probably out of another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ......... fob him off for 4.5 months , then replace his with the disc from yet another customer's car ....................

lol Derek,
Well then; who are we to interfere with MBUK's Standard Operating Procedure? :D

I often leave a few £1 coins in my car when it goes in for a service. Never lost one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom