Mercedes Benz Dealer Stole my...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all your inputs. Here goes the conversation as it happened:

Me: Hi, have you printed out the electronic report yet?

De: Erm, not yet but I have sourced a replacement disc for you from our parts department. Will call you before we close to let you know about the report.

Me: Ok

De: Ring Ring: I have received the report but it was only a minor report done and does't show whether the disc was in or not so I would have to send you out a replacement disc.

Me: Ok.

Wow, a minor report? He is taking the mickey, such a bunch of liars. Instead of just admitting it was in there in the report and someone must have taken it, he comes up with "minor report". Stealers, when would they learn?

Hang on a minute. The disc went missing- they investigated-- they are replacing your disc FOC --- satisfactory result surely . :thumb: Of course it would have been better if it never happened- but they have rectified the problem when it was brought to their attention. I doubt very much they ever checked for the presence of a nav disc --- but bet they will from now on .;)

They are going to give you a navigation disc, so it's end of story no?

So you're getting a new disc? So what's the problem?

Hang on a minute. The disc went missing- they investigated-- they are replacing your disc FOC --- satisfactory result surely . :thumb: Of course it would have been better if it never happened- but they have rectified the problem when it was brought to their attention. I doubt very much they ever checked for the presence of a nav disc --- but bet they will from now on .;)

Calm down guys, was just saying... Of cos I'm happy, it's just the way they went about trying to cover it up but YES I am happy and once again thanks for all your input.:D

Strangely, I have a feeling it is probably a safer option for the dealer not to check for the presence of the disc, rather than have a technician pop the disk out and back in on each car they book...

Maybe this thread would have been better being posted AFTER the dealer had had a chance to respond to OP. Glad it's all sorted. Time to move on.

maybe this thread would have been better being posted after the dealer had had a chance to respond to op. Glad it's all sorted. Time to move on.

+1

Davidjpowell asked the question in another thread of 'Where are the dealers?'.

This thread is your answer David.

To the OP; I'm glad it's all sorted for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
And this is why dealers dont come on forums.... What an over reaction.

The disc could have been removed for many reasons, chances are its around the workshop somewhere. I very much doubt they funded the christmas party with it.

Main thing is you have a brand new, up to date disc.

And this is why dealers dont come on forums.... What an over reaction.

The disc could have been removed for many reasons, chances are its around the workshop somewhere. I very much doubt they funded the christmas party with it.

Main thing is you have a brand new, up to date disc.

Erm, excuse me, My car went into a dealer to fix the body panel. There was no need to go near the nav disc, came back and no disc in car. What reason would they have had to take it out? The 1st guy I spoke to just said its unusual they take the disc out so the only thing that happened was that they (any of the employees) stole the disc.

This is what happened and as this is a public forum decided to come on here and get sum advice from the intelligent ones on here so please don't tell me it is an over reaction when you don't know...

PS: I did say I was happy that they are going to replace the disc, I don't really know what you are attempting to bring up here...

As for me case is closed and once again theanks to everyone that had a meaningful input.

Last edited:
Erm, excuse me, My car went into a dealer to fix the body panel. There was no need to go near the nav disc, came back and no disc in car. What reason would they have had to take it out? The 1st guy I spoke to just said its unusual they take the disc out so the only thing that happened was that they (any of the employees) stole the disc.

This is what happened and as this is a public forum decided to come on here and get sum advice from the intelligent ones on here so please don't tell me it is an over reaction when you don't know...

PS: I did say I was happy that they are going to replace the disc, I don't really know what you are attempting to bring up here...

As for me case is closed and once again theanks to everyone that had a meaningful input.

I never saw you ask for any advice, nor did you wait after first reporting it to the dealership to see how events unfolded; you just came on the forum to make accusations and rant about something that was resolved (as it should have been) swiftly and politely without demur once the dealership had been given enough of a chance to act on the matter.

As for meaningful input from other forum members, you dismissed every suggestion as to what might have happened and stuck to your accusation so I am not sure what the purpose of this thread has been apart from you having the chance to kick off whilst waiting for the dealer to phone you back.

All a bit of a Mini adventure, really.....

OP, if you find the 'stolen' disc let us know!

Is this the people that everyone and his auntie told you not to let the car be fixed at after you told us about the accident ? ;)

Is this the people that everyone and his auntie told you not to let the car be fixed at after you told us about the accident ? ;)

lol, You actually remembered. I didn't want to bring that all up but you maybe correct...:cool::D

PS: I would NEVER go to that dealer again...

WOULD NAME AND SHAME SOON...

A bit late for that when everyone already knows which dealership it is and they hadn't been given a chance to rectify the issue.
Maybe they are sorting this out as they read your thread and got scared... Forum power... LOL..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom