Mercedes Benz Dealer Stole my...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way that disc went missing is that it was stolen from the car. No other way. Even after they investigated it, all they said was that they didn't see anything in the electronic report(minor report )even though they had said it would definitely be on there. They now got me a replacement disc from their parts department. They had no business whatsoever with the navigation system in the car at all.

This place is getting depressing

So many people just looking to argue or pick fault with anything others say, and very inconsistent.

Shame

So many people just looking to argue or pick fault with anything others say, and very inconsistent.

Shame

Thank you very much for that. You said it all. I think they are bored at home and come on here for a fight...

Shame

If one has an issue with a supplier, isn't it best to try to sort that out before making a pointless thread on a forum and only post the issue if a solution can't be reached.

5 pages of drivel for what...Umm..no problem...

If I'm missing something about what was either interesting, informative or funny about this thread, please enlighten me.

Last edited:
If one has an issue with a supplier, isn't it best to try to sort that out before making a pointless thread on a forum and only post the issue if a solution can't be reached.

5 pages of drivel for what...Umm..no problem...[/QUOTE

The fact of the matter is that someone at the dealers stole my disc regardless of whether they sort it out or not. Me reporting that on here is not "drivel" or whatever else you wana call it. Maybe to warn others and enable them take precautions and buy £200 nav disc each time your car goes to a dealer is not exactly anyones pastime...

5 pages of drivel for what...Umm..no problem...

Who knows.

If you have a problem with drivel then may I suggest reading internet forums is maybe going to disappoint you.

The fact of the matter is that someone at the dealers stole my disc regardless of whether they sort it out or not. Me reporting that on here is not "drivel" or whatever else you wana call it. Maybe to warn others and enable them take precautions and buy £200 nav disc each time your car goes to a dealer is not exactly anyones pastime...

So the disk was missing, you made a couple of phone calls and a day later have a new disk. Perhaps you should have waited until after the resolution then posted it as a precautionary warning for people to ensure their car is empty on delivery.

Hey, I had the cigarette lighter go missing from my car once..guess what I did...yep, told the dealer who gave me a new one...:)

Another time it was to sting a lying salesman for 4 new tyres...:D

It's only an issue if they don't resolve it.

Last edited:
Who knows.

If you have a problem with drivel then may I suggest reading internet forums is maybe going to disappoint you.

Only since they dumbed down...

So the disk was missing, you made a couple of phone calls and a day later have a new disk. Perhaps you should have waited until after the resolution then posted it as a precautionary warning for people to ensure their car is empty on delivery.

Hey, I had the cigarette lighter go missing from my car once..guess what I did...yep, told the dealer who gave me a new one...:)

Another time it was to sting a lying salesman for 4 new tyres...:D

It's only an issue if they don't resolve it.

Hey Dieselman I do see your point, it was just the shock and thought of them stealing the disc. And also when I initially spoke to the bodyshop guy, he attempted to fob me off and that's what mede me come on here as I thought they were going to go down that route. Anyway its sorted now.

Be thankful that the dealership does not read this thread or forum.

You could not possibly win this in a court of law.

And, the continuing rant is not helping your case.

KenM

As a retailer myself, I get so fed up with people's over the top reactions to trivial matters, often of their own creation and imagination. One that mkes me smile is the near tearful "I'M NOT HAPPY!" scenario. Some even set out to deliberately deceive - can you believe that? Not saying that's the case here, of course. An outdated navingation dvd is not a trivial matter, and I can see why a Main Dealer would be tempted to steal it, as in the main link.

Just to clarify though , it wasn't the 'Main Dealer' that stole it , i realise that anyone employed by the bodyshop in question is effectively representing the Main Dealer , but lets face it , it was probably stolen by an opportunistic scrote rather than on orders from the Dealer Principal.

Just to clarify though , it wasn't the 'Main Dealer' that stole it , i realise that anyone employed by the bodyshop in question is effectively representing the Main Dealer , but lets face it , it was probably stolen by an opportunistic scrote rather than on orders from the Dealer Principal.

Hey, you are definitely right, maybe the title should have reflected that aspect.

The worrying question this thread raises is that with all the trips to the dealers that take place, how many disc thefts must go unreported?

It's a deluge of dastardly direction-delivering disc deprivation, I tell you! :D

thuffering thuckertash !!

Perhaps this should go in the senior moments thread, and I fully accept that there is no reason to remove the nav disc, but this is sat nav related, so..

I took a car to have a cd changer etc fitted, and I'd been playing golf earlier. I put my Origin B2 away for safe keeping. When I collected the car, I couldn't find the B2. I asked the owner if he had seen it, and he hadn't. No voices were raised or accusations made, but I was convinced it had been taken. He trusted his fitters, who could buy such equipment at cost etc, so I had it blocked by Origin. Some four years later, I lent a friend a spare set of clubs for a game of golf, and guess what was in the golf bag? Anyone like to buy a hardly used Origin B2?

The worrying question this thread raises is that with all the trips to the dealers that take place, how many disc thefts must go unreported?

It's a deluge of dastardly direction-delivering disc deprivation, I tell you! :D

One of my point exactly for raising this thread here so others could be careful/wary when taking their cars anywhere not just the dealers to fix. Could you imagine what the story would have been had I noticed that the disc was missing after say a month?!

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom