Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guy

Car
Maserati Quattroporte : Brabus A200CDi D3 : E300TDT
Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG Estate: High-performance estate with dream figures

Photos & text from DaimlerChrysler Press release, Affalterbach

E55T1.jpg

• Powerful AMG supercharged V8 engine with 350 kW/476 hp of output
  • AMG sports suspension with air springs and level control
  • Dynamic appearance thanks to AMG bodystyling and 18-inch twin-spoke wheels
  • AMG sports seats upholstered in luxurious nappa/nubuck leather

476/700/1950

These are the new dream figures in the sporty Mercedes Estate segment. With a maximum output of 350 kW/476 hp, a maximum torque of 700 Newton metres and a loading volume of up to 1950 litres, the new Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG Estate has a starring role as a dynamic and practical Jack-of-all-trades.
The exceptional status of this new AMG high-performance estate is immediately obvious when one looks under the bonnet or opens the tailgate. Thanks to turbocharging the eight-cylinder AMG engine develops an output of 350 kW/476 hp at 6100 rpm from a displacement of 5.5 litres, as well as an outstanding torque of 700 Newton metres at between 2650 and 4500 rpm. Depending on the position of the rear seats the load capacity varies between 690 and 1950 litres (VDA measuring method). No other series-production estate boasts as much output and torque or offers such a large, flexible interior as the new E 55 AMG Estate.

E55T2.jpg

34 percent more output and 32 percent more torque
The new E 55 AMG Estate develops 34 percent more output and 32 percent more torque than its predecessor with a naturally aspirated V8 engine (260 kW/354 hp and 530 Newton metres). Its performance figures need fear no comparison with sports cars: the Estate accelerates from standstill to 100 km/h in just 4.8 seconds (predecessor: 5.9 sec), while the maximum speed is limited to 250 km/h.
Dynamic driving enjoyment and the greatest possible comfort are guaranteed by the five-speed automatic transmission with AMG SPEEDSHIFT, steering wheel gearshifting and a manual driving programme. More rapid gear changes, active downshifting when braking, and torque converter lockup after first gear provide extremely agile handling.

E55T3.jpg

Unique high-tech innovations for the braking system and suspension
Technological exclusivity is the order of the day for the braking system and suspension of the E 55 AMG Estate. Large, internally ventilated and perforated brake discs ensure outstanding deceleration figures and fade-resistance. In conjunction with the electrohydraulic braking system Sensotronic Brake Control (SBC™) this makes for optimal driving safety. The AMG sports suspension AIRMATIC DC, with an adaptive damping system (ADS II), features new spring struts with a reduced air volume and thicker stabilisers. The springs and dampers instantly adapt themselves to the style of driving at any given moment by microprocessor control, and the driver is able to select the required configuration in three stages from comfort-oriented to sporty/stiff at the touch of a button. Whatever the load carried, the rear axle with its standard level control system guarantees an identical spring travel at all times – providing the ideal conditions for maximum ride comfort.

E55T4.jpg

Characteristic AMG bodystyling and an AMG sports exhaust system
Just one look is sufficient to identify the new E 55 AMG Estate as a member of the dynamic AMG family. The new high-performance Estate features AMG bodystyling as standard, including the striking front apron with large air dams, prominently contoured side skirts and the new rear apron with a black facing. The AMG sports exhaust system with two twin oval tailpipes and the attractive 18" AMG twin-spoke wheels with mixed-size tyres accentuate the sportiness of this model even further.
The interior is characterised by an atmosphere of exclusivity: electrically adjustable AMG sports seats, seat heating and a memory function are included in the unusually generous standard appointments of the E 55 AMG Estate, as are the luxurious nappa/nubuck leather upholstery in three different colour combinations, the ergonomic AMG sports steering wheel with gear-shift paddles and the AMG instrument cluster.

E55T5.jpg

EASY-PACK: practicality and variability to a new level of perfection
The term EASY-PACK also stands for intelligent load compartment management in the new Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG Estate. The practicality, variability and safety of the up to 1950-litre large load compartment meet even the most demanding standards. The standard appointments include a 1/3 to 2/3 division in the folding, adjustable rear seat backrests, a stowage box behind the rear seat backrests, an additional loading floor with subdivided compartments, an automatic load compartment cover and a tailgate that stays open in any position during the last third of its travel. Available options include an electrohydraulic power unit for the tailgate and load compartment floor, a folding backrest for the front passenger seat and the EASY-PACK load-securing kit for the secure stowage of luggage.

E55T6.jpg

Reading through the text above, it seems as though the E55 estate is both Turbo and supercharged.....First I've heard of it...

Maybe MB got a typo somewhere ????:)

Dear Santa etc :D :D :D :D

Postings like this should not be allowed !

<cleans up drool from keyboard....>

Originally posted by WLeg
Reading through the text above, it seems as though the E55 estate is both Turbo and supercharged.....First I've heard of it...

Maybe MB got a typo somewhere ????:)
Probably a typo but technically it is correct as Turbo charging is a form of supercharging an engine.

S.

Thin, very thin.... I think we should complain, and ask for a free one ?

Buy the 7 seater version, then win the 'Cobra challenge' with all the family on board. :D :bannana: :D :bannana:

Think what the Brabus version will be like, like the one at Maff's GTG. That really is lottery winning stuff though!

Originally posted by Wheelie
Adding that to the stable then Guy????

I wish...

To get one of those to match the spec of the W210 we currently have (and add Comand) comes to over £72k!

Our 300TD has only done 65,000m, so I reckon it'll be with us for a while. :)

I saw one! No kidding! No blagging!

Driving down the A1 on Monday morning in my trusty Seat Arosa diesel (my wife drives the C-Class since it is the safest place for teh kids). I see a silver E-Class estate coming up behind, complete with Xenons.

E-Class glides by at 65mph. All I see are four fat exhaust pipes and the pointed star. No rear model inscription.

Enough said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom