Mercedes-Benz E500 For Sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

500E

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 E500 Limited / 2008 C63 AMG
Mercedes-Benz W124 E500 For Sale

1993 Mercedes-Benz E500

For those of you not familiar with the E500, it is a hand built model built in collaboration with Porsche and Mercedes-Benz. These cars took 18 days to be built and were mainly built at the Porsche factory before being sent back to Mercedes for final finishing. The E500 was built on the same production line as the Porsche 959.
The build quality on these rare cars is legendary and certainly eclipses anything built by Mercedes today. The seats where also hand stitched, back in 1993 this car would have set you back $80,000!!!!
Only 10,479 cars in total were built for worldwide consumption and as all cars were left hand drive very few were sold in this country. Over the years, however, more E500’s have been imported as the car has now gained a cult status amongst Mercedes fans. Personally, I never felt that left hand drive has been a big issue and you get used to it very quickly.
This particular car has been in the UK since 1997 and was imported in from Germany were it had only had one owner from new.
So what makes these cars so special…….well the performance for a start. Using the infamous M119 5.0 V8, the E500 produces 326bhp and 340lb of torque. This is still more power than the 5.0 V8’s in the current Mercedes range, which produce 306bhp and the C43 AMG which also produces 306bhp.
With a relatively low weight the E500 will blast to 60mph in 5.5seconds and onto a speed restricted top speed of 155mph….derestricted cars will hit 175mph.
Road holding on these cars are exemplary with hydraulic self-leveling rear suspension and suspension and steering components from the SL600 cab.

Bodywork/Interior

The bodywork on this car is virtually unmarked with all door panels etc being free from dings and dents. The only external faults with this car is a small scrape on the bonnet by the 3 pointed star and a small scrape by the rear drivers side bumper. Both can be easily repaired for a very low cost and they do not detract from the cars beauty.
The car has been fitted with brand new Mercedes-Benz door sills. It also has a Sony CD / MP3 player with remote control, although the original Mercedes Classic stereo/radio is included in the auction. The interior is unmarked and the high quality Recaro hand stitched black leather is unworn and clean. The walnut wood is unmarked and in excellent condition apart from one crack by the Heated seats buttons on the front console. This can easily be repaired. All functions work perfectly along with the rear electric sunblind and electric seats.

Mechanics

This car is in excellent mechanical condition and drives like a dream. It gets serviced every 3000 miles with GTX Magnetic Oil and Mercedes-Benz oil filters and air filters. All receipts to prove. The car also has a whole file worth of receipts and papers. All apart from 2 from Mercedes-Benz dealerships.
Engine is behaves perfectly, i.e. idles correctly and revs cleanly. The auto-box has super smooth changes and operates faultlessly. The gearbox is 4 speeds. The Automatic transmission oil & filters have been changed by Mercedes-Benz dealer when I got the car, so you won’t need to do that for a very long time. The gearbox also has the added Europe feature of S or E mode. S is Sports and gives a much quicker gear change and E is Economy for a slower, relaxed gear change. The engine produces 326 BHP and has not been modified in any way.
Its also great to know that the car has been under sealed, so all of the underneath is correctly protected. The car also has AMG suspension system, springs and struts from the legendary W124 Mercedes-Benz E60 AMG, which give the car a more stiffer and brutal ride compared to normal E500’s, more like an AMG around corners! This kit costs a huge $3,051.33 from AMG!

The car has done 174,000km with MBSH.

Features

The E500 is the top of the range model of the W124. Mercedes-Benz decided to load it exceptionally as standard and this E500 has some extra goodies and options!

• Black Leather with Recaro sports seats
• Rear wood console
• Air Conditioning
• 4 speed automatic gearbox (with switch able E or S controls)
• Electric Sunroof
• BBS 18” Wheels with Goodyear 245/45 tires
• ABS
• Acceleration Skid Control (ASC)
• Automatic Locking Differential
• Outside Temperature gauge
• Electric driver and passenger seats
• Heated seats
• Drivers & Passengers Airbag
• Cruise Control
• Reading Spot Lights in rear passenger compartment
• Electric Rear Sun Blind
• Sony CD/MP3 player with remote
• 2 X Pioneer 350W Speakers in rear hat shelf
• Performance amplifier in boot
• Original Mercedes-Benz First Aid Kit, Toolkit and spare wheel
• Original E500 wheels & tires also included
• “Mercedes-Benz” brand new door sills
• RHD Headlight lenses (LHD ones included in auction)
• Wooden gear shifter

Summary

You have a chance to get yourselves an excellent example of this rare legendary piece of Mercedes-Benz’s position in automobile industry. You will not be disappointed with the performance and comfort of this car and being relatively understated this is a real wolf in sheep’s clothing. It can easily keep up with the modern day Porsches and Mercedes Benz AMG’s and is a fraction of the price!

If you would like to see the car, please email me at [email protected] and we'll sort out a day.

See http://www.e500.org/e500_for_sale.htm for more photos (it's the first car!)

Thanks for your time in reading my advert.

Regards.

Last edited:
Wow!

That's a fabulous car!

How do you find driving on the wrong side of the car?

I've just bought a S500, the 5 litre V8 is a great engine, but I think the E500 motor was "breathed" on somewhat before it left the factory, is that right?

Yup - The E500 had some performance by Mercedes and Porsche and the transmission etc where modified. Although saying that it's basically the same engine found in the 500SL's and S-class 500's at the time. So to be honest I found the LHD easier than breathing. You get used to it so quickly and it's very ideal because as you park on a street, you walk right out onto the street instead of waiting for traffic to pass to get out. Congrats on your new purchase, the Mercedes V8's are just great cars!

Lovely car.. price seems reasonable but those BBS wheels have gotto go IMHO.

I think the BBS's look great! Anyway, any buyers intrested, the original E500 8-hole wheels are included in the sale with very good tyres, ready to put on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom