Mercedes-Benz EQE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
660 km (412 miles) claimed range is impressive. My C180 doesn't do 412 miles on a single tank.....

I wouldn’t buy an EV till I absolutely have to , 2030 onwards where I hope the network is there to support them fully. The current cars will be totally out of date by then and pretty worthless I think.

I wouldn’t buy an EV till I absolutely have to , 2030 onwards where I hope the network is there to support them fully...

You wouldn't have to switch to EV in 2030 either... the ban only affects sale of new petrol and Diesel cars. But you can keep using your existing car - or buy a second hand one - for as long as they are available, which will be a good ten years (or so) after the last new petrol or Diesel car is sold.

..The current cars will be totally out of date by then and pretty worthless I think.

There's a bigger worry here. So far, cars haven't changed much mechanically from one year to another. The OM651 engine for example has been in use (with some modifications) since 2008. The G9-Tronic transmission since 2013. Etc. Historically I typically kept cars for 7-9 years, the technology hasn't changed much in between. The worry with EVs is that ongoing rapid developments will bring us lighter cars with longer range and faster charging, which is great, obviously, but at the same time "last year's model" will become obsolete very quickly.

Reactions: HB
When I posted a new thread titled "New EQS to have a range of 770km" in this section, it was immediately moved to the Electric Mercedes section along with a patronising comment about posting in the correct place. Why is this one still here?

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom