Mercedes-Benz get-together in Gol, Norway 30. may - 1. june 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frodes

Car
'92 S124 300TD Turbo |--| '04 E240T 4matic |--| '86 300E
We are proud to welcome all foreigners to our yearly get-together in lovely Gol, Norway. Last year we were over 100 cars at the most. Maybe not that much by international standards, but we dare to say that this may be one of the best Mercedes-Benz gatherings you can go to if you are into the more modern cars.
Map to Gol: http://www.viamichelin.com/viamiche...1NDF0NzAxMGNOakF1TnpBeU9EST1jT0M0NU5EazFNUT09
All accomodation will be handled by Pers Hotell. Contact them directly for booking. Scroll down for prices. (http://www.pers.no/)
Prices for attending:
600 NOK for 1 person with car. This includes dinner on saturday and fee for attending the GTG.
400 NOK for person attending the dinner as a companion to the person paying full price.
Send mail to [email protected] to register your attendance to this get-together. Put in your mail: Name, adress, type of car, if you want to attend the dinner and how many persons you will be in total attending the dinner.
Prices for children attending the dinner saturday:
0 - 3 years = free
4 - 11 years = 100 NOK
11 - 15 years = 150 NOK
16 years and up = same prices as adults
Drinks at the dinner saturday is not included.
If you wish to only attended the exhibition outside of Pers Hotell saturday the price is 200 NOK for 1 car.
Prices for accomodation:
Pers Hotell:
Double room 1000 NOK pr. day inc. breakfast
Single room 800 NOK pr. day inc. breakfast
Children 0-16 years, 100 NOK pr. day inc breakfast
Pers Motell:
Doubleroom 600 NOK pr. day inc. breakfast
Single room 450 NOK pr. day inc. breakfast
Pers Leiligheter:
4 bed apartment 750 NOK pr. day
6 bed apartment 1000 NOK pr. day
Pers Hyttepark:
4 bed cabin 550 NOK pr. day
5 bed cabin 650 NOK pr. day
If you wish to choose apartments or cabins, you have to bring you own bed linens and towels. You can also rent these for 100 NOK. You also have to clean the apartment or cabin before you leave. If you wish to not clean yourself: Ordering code: 0106MER (you have to give up this when ordering your saty at Pers to get these prices)
Apartments/cabins: Stay 3 days, pay for 2. Come on thursday or leave on monday without any extra fee.
Program
This program is preliminary, as always...
Friday
16 – 20: Check in
18- ??: Barbeque and party. Bring your own food to barbeque. If the weather is bad, we may have to cancel this.
Saturday
07 – 10: Carwash
10 – 14: Show your car! Everybody gathers outside of Pers Hotel
14 - 15: Crusing to Nesbyen.
15 - 15.30: Crusing back to Gol
15.30: Test you car and you own abilities.
19.30 - 20.00: Everybody gets together before the big dinner
20 – 22: Dinner and prizes to the best cars!
22 - ??: Party!
Sunday
Time to go home... :(

1 gbp = approx 11 NOK.

Noone interrested in comming to Norways best mercedes-benz get together?

Pictures from 2007 HER

I'd love to come (had a boyfriend once who was Norwegian and vowed I'd see the place one day) but it's sooooo expensive for me to get to Norway from the UK :(

I'd love to come (had a boyfriend once who was Norwegian and vowed I'd see the place one day) but it's sooooo expensive for me to get to Norway from the UK :(

Is it? Taking the ferry from Newcastle to Stavanger is approx 200£ for 1 car / 1 person i think. From there it is "only" 400 km driving :) .. ant then back again.

I do admit it is a little too expencive just to come there for the weekend and then go back home againt, but it might be a part of an early summer holiday.
At least staying there is not expencive. It can be done for approx 100£ for 4 persons the hole weekend (thursday-sunday or friday-monday)

what is there to do around the Gol area?

Is it? Taking the ferry from Newcastle to Stavanger is approx 200£ for 1 car / 1 person i think. From there it is "only" 400 km driving :) .. ant then back again.

I do admit it is a little too expencive just to come there for the weekend and then go back home againt, but it might be a part of an early summer holiday.
At least staying there is not expencive. It can be done for approx 100£ for 4 persons the hole weekend (thursday-sunday or friday-monday)

what is there to do around the Gol area?

I have to admit I am not familiar in that area.

I would recommend http://www.visitnorway.com/ as a start. I'll see if I can find something that is a little more interresting for us petrol heads :)

Speaking English is no problem in Norway. Everyone understand and speak english.

Last edited:
GTG Norway

Sounds really great.

Im trying to get this organised together with a trip to the North East of England ( Castles etc) around that time! I can then pop over from Newcastle.

Will keep you informed as soon as I can

Sounds really great.

Im trying to get this organised together with a trip to the North East of England ( Castles etc) around that time! I can then pop over from Newcastle.

Will keep you informed as soon as I can

Sorry I've not been here for a while.

You are very welcome.

The boat from Newcastle arrive Norway in Stavanger. There are lots of people going from Stavanger to Gol that you can drive together with.

This is the tread about the Gol meeting on our forum :

http://www.mbentusiastklubb.com/smf/index.php?topic=15978.0

It is in Norwegian, but posting in English is no problem.

English speaking part of the forum is here :

http://www.mbentusiastklubb.com/smf/index.php?board=15.0

We've had visitors from The Neatherlands, Germany, Sweden, Russia(!), but yet not from the UK.

This gathering is now over.

This must have been one of the best weekends ever. Everyone I talked to had a very nice time.

107 cars and 210 persons were registered. Someone said they counted 111 cars. Not bad for a club with 750 members all over Norway.

Some pictures are found HERE, HERE, AND HERE,

I am hoping to se some UK cars next year :)

Last edited:
Stunning Mercedes pictures

Thank you Frodes for a series of stunning photographs of Mercedes cars in some beautiful scenery. It looks as if it was an excellent event which is a tribute to the organisers no doubt. I assume you are the guy "behind the camera" so to speak. Do you or any of your cars personally appear in any of the photos so we can "put a face to the name" ? Thank you for a great post.:rock: :rock:

It 'll be OK once the guy gets his Porter Cable out, gives it a good polish up, and replaces the chrome on the grill. Work in progress??;) ;)

None of the pictures load for me ....

This GTG looked really excellent.....what a fantastic spread of cars !!!!

Wish I had gone :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom