Mercedes-Benz Guildford (Sandown Group) - Good Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
Just thought I’d give them a mention, as I’ve used them a few times over the years now.

Not my nearest dealer but have always had great service from these guys - good communication, no pressure, work always completed promptly and excellent pricing for a main dealer. My local dealer is closed currently.

Took my GL63 AMG in for a service and MOT, they offer 40% off labour and 15% off parts on older cars (mine is nearly 7)

Supplied my own oil of my choice, which they were happy to accommodate.

Service A including cabin filter, screen wash and oil filter, was £133 plus £30 for the MOT test - £163 all inc.

They have closed their showroom and waiting area, no loan cars at the moment, the handover is done distantly, valeting team are not there (I didn’t want it cleaned anyway) - all the staff and service advisors are wearing gloves, they are using steering wheel covers and seat covers. Sensible precautions and still able to maintain essential services.

Star view video as normal, no real upsell from them on work. Small adjustment for MOT carried our FOC.

Great value for maintaining full MB history and Mobilo cover, and to be honest I’d be surprised if many places would be cheaper than this. I had the oil already but Mobil 1 is circa £30/5L at Costco or plenty of cheaper options online (eg MB branded oil from eBay)

Just thought I’d give them a mention, as I’ve used them a few times over the years now.

Not my nearest dealer but have always had great service from these guys - good communication, no pressure, work always completed promptly and excellent pricing for a main dealer. My local dealer is closed currently.

Took my GL63 AMG in for a service and MOT, they offer 40% off labour and 15% off parts on older cars (mine is nearly 7)

Service A including cabin filter, screen wash and oil filter, was £133 plus £30 for the MOT test - £163 all inc.

They have closed their showroom and waiting area, no loan cars at the moment, the handover is done distantly, valeting team are not there (I didn’t want it cleaned anyway) - all the staff and service advisors are wearing gloves, they are using steering wheel covers and seat covers. Sensible precautions and still able to maintain essential services.

Star view video as normal, no real upsell from them on work. Small adjustment for MOT carried our FOC.

Great value for maintaining full MB history and Mobilo cover, and to be honest I’d be surprised if many places would be cheaper than this. I had the oil already but Mobil 1 is circa £30/5L at Costco or plenty of cheaper options online (eg MB branded oil from eBay)
That’s exceptional value

Their labour & parts discounts are also applied automatically (at all seven of their Sandown Group dealerships) ... no haggling or anything required:

My SL has been going to M-B Guildford for 16 years now and I would echo Will's comments. Never any pressure to do additional work ... in fact I dropped from yearly to 2-yearly services at their suggestion (based on the low annual mileage the car does).

Bought my 2015 model S500 from them in March 2019, great service from the sales department, sorted out some minor things prior to delivery, they also delivered it to my home as well. They had it back in June 2019 to carry out the service that was required as it was not done prior to sale, this service cost was of no charge to me.

Very pleased with everything from them.
As their Basingstoke dealership is less than 10 minutes from me I have used them once for a small issue, covered by the used warranty, and will be using them for the next service which is due now, however they have said that due to the virus they are being flexible about the due date of the service with regard to my extended warranty. My car is currently covered up and on SORN at the moment so in the next couple of months or so I will arrange the service as I have been using another vehicle recently instead and put 3 vehicles on SORN at the moment to save some money.

They’re my nearest dealer. Gotta say that is cracking value for an A service. I pay more to my local Indy who is brilliant but I’m pretty sure it’s around £200 for an A service on my CLK 350.
My issue is that although it’s my nearest dealer, Guildford is still 12 miles away and Huxleys Mercedes (my local Indy) is around 0.5 miles from me.

I always used them when I had my SLK, only just down the road from me. I wholeheartedly second Wills comments.

On the basis of this thread I thought I would give them a go. The CLK is overdue a service and my local dealer is closed. Its still got one service left on the contract so it needed to be done at a main dealer. Called them on Tuesday. Very helpful receptionist who explained what they are doing and it was booked in for today. Very impressive service. Helpful staff. Got the usual video. Nothing untoward found. Good communication. Replaced the bonnet badge for nothing - apart from the cost of the part. So a definite thumbs up from me and will certainly use them again when the SLK is due a service - its also still on a service contract.

Great to read some +ve reports on a MB dealer.
Shame they are a tad too far for me.

It would be nice if this dealership was somehow made aware of all the excellent comments here.
Regardless of who you are, it's always good to know that the service you are giving is appreciated.
And coming from a critical forum such as this, even more so.

Last year they opened a new Service Centre (no sales or showroom) in Hawley Lane, Farnborough. It's managed by Brad (who used to be the main man at their Guildford branch) and has at least 4 lifts and maybe 5 bays. All the usual Sandown service levels apply but you are not tempted to buy a new car while you wait ;) I've had my last three services there.

I've just spoken to someone from Sandown Guildford to get my car booked in there and mentioned that the reason I was using them were the +'ve comments on this forum.

Thanks for the recommendation and he was really pleased (and helpful!). Such a joyful change from my 12 years of Audi ownership... Thanks all.

Last year they opened a new Service Centre (no sales or showroom) in Hawley Lane, Farnborough. It's managed by Brad (who used to be the main man at their Guildford branch) and has at least 4 lifts and maybe 5 bays. All the usual Sandown service levels apply but you are not tempted to buy a new car while you wait ;) I've had my last three services there.

Thanks for the reminder! I'll try Farnborough for the next service on the SL ... it's a bit closer but should be a significantly quicker/easier drive than going to Guildford.

This price is quite reasonable and the service is incredible.

I have just booked in my car for some work there. I also mentioned the fact that there were some positive comments here and the person I spoke to was very pleased to hear that.

That's very reasonable

The discounts on 7+ year old cars and the value service that used to be offered is no longer available at any of the Marshall run MB franchises here in the northwest and no haggling on servicing when I tried last year.

Surprising this dealer/group still offers.

Hi,
Bought my 65 plate A207 350 CDI from Sandown Poole a year ago, impressed with the service, so after a recent (well before lockdown) disappointing experience after a service inquiry from MB Southampton (my nearest local MB Dealer) I decided I would use Sandown Poole for the service (service contract) though because of lockdown I wasn't able to use the Poole Dealership they booked me in at Sandown Salisbury, picked up and dropped off, investigated a cold start issue and replaced battery under warranty, though was unable to carry out the engine ECU Update due to the system being down (stated on invoice/reciept as such).
My only compliant, was it wasn't cleaned to my satisfaction.
Would i recommend them yes, very courteous and efficient.

I'm aware of this great discount as it is advertised for members of the MB Owners Club. I would be tempted to use them were it not for the fact that a) I am just outside their catchment for collection/drop off and b) my indy is great (though probably works out the same/slightly more).

It's nice to hear that they operate well though and it's almost tempting to give them a try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom