Mercedes-Benz issues global recall of one million older cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
“Until the inspection takes place, we ask our customers not to drive their vehicles.”

I am surprised this is only being mentioned here now. If your vehicle is one of those effected and after inspection is found to be defective, it should not be driven. People are being quoted September as the soonest fix date. Mercedes will let you rent a car or pay you £30 per day .

Did Mb first reach out to owners in US?
Not so very important to reach out to European owners and make recalls ?

I am surprised this is only being mentioned here now. If your vehicle is one of those effected and after inspection is found to be defective, it should not be driven. People are being quoted September as the soonest fix date. Mercedes will let you rent a car or pay you £30 per day .
Already discussed on here twice. Brake Booster Recall | Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension
Corrosion associated with brake booster leading to loss of brake assistance-affects all models built in Alabama plant USA in the ML,GL, R Class ETC

Did Mb first reach out to owners in US?
Not so very important to reach out to European owners and make recalls ?
Americans are more litigious. Squeaky wheel & all that.

I had a recall letter yesterday for passenger airbags on my W204.
And the other day, I had the rear subframe replaced free of charge. But that wasn't a recall. I'm obv. very pleased the work was done FoC but I can't help wonder why the sub-frame issue isn't a recall issue. Whenever I braked the rear end of my car tried to overtake the front, which is something more likely to cause an accident. Rather than an airbag issue which only really comes into play after an accident has already occurred.

And the other day, I had the rear subframe replaced free of charge. But that wasn't a recall. I'm obv. very pleased the work was done FoC but I can't help wonder why the sub-frame issue isn't a recall issue. Whenever I braked the rear end of my car tried to overtake the front, which is something more likely to cause an accident. Rather than an airbag issue which only really comes into play after an accident has already occurred.
Get the airbag one booked ASAP as it is a 6-8 week lead time for the part. Mine is booked in at start of June, it rarely sees a main dealer any more but am going to get them to inspect the subframe whilst its there

Americans are more litigious. Squeaky wheel & all that.

When fully inflated my junior Johnson pulls a little bit to the right when I take a pee pee who can I call and complaint something is wrong?
I can't aim the squirt straight down the loo must fix this issue before my warranty expires! :wallbash:

D@rn bugger I wish I was fully covered.
🤣🤣

You are not the only one wondering why the 204 sub frame is not a safety recall issue. I am sure by now MB must have replaced enough of them to pin down the affected batch. On the other hand they safety recalled 750 thousand cars (including my 2006 C class) for a sunroof inspection after one flew off a car in the USA ......🤔 mmmm.

My wife's A Class (W169) had the airbag recall done recently......after they cancelled twice due to parts supply issues. Got a nice valet with it so that was OK!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom