Mercedes Benz Manhattan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
Was wondering around Park Avenue today in NYC and stumbled upon MB Manhattan. They had the new ML, the CLS, Maybach 62 and the SLR.

ML500
Huge improvement in interior quality. SLK like dials. Interior plastics are Audi like, and as good. Seems very well built. Quality seems to have come back.

CLS500
Amazingly little interior space, and not much more than my W208 CLK. But it was gorgeous in Cubanite Silver, with sexy new 18" wheels.

Maybach 62
Still as hideous as ever. I especially hate the 2 tone paintwork a la late 80s MBs. SO VERY LAST CENTURY. I have seen 3 on the streets during the past 2 days.

SLR
Sliver with red leather. Slightly too busy bodywork. And SOLD.

C240Sport97 said:
Was wondering around Park Avenue today in NYC and stumbled upon MB Manhattan.

How did you manage that from London E1?

you on holiday on something?

Did you have a sit in on the CLS? although I have only seen pics I thought the silver though nice was not up to the dark blue or black.

What was their $ price? (not that I could afford that either)

Thanks for the info.

Sparky

yes, sat in it front and back .. very little space (but that may be because of the SUVs I have riding around in) for a car with such a large footprint. I would say space is on par with the W202.

no idea what price, sorry.

sparkyspost said:
How did you manage that from London E1?

you on holiday on something?

Did you have a sit in on the CLS? although I have only seen pics I thought the silver though nice was not up to the dark blue or black.

What was their $ price? (not that I could afford that either)

Thanks for the info.

Sparky

sparkyspost said:

erm , there are loads of cls's about now. I see at least 3 on the way to work every morning.

Just go to your local dealer , they are sure to have one.

From the title of this thread I was expecting a great new cocktail recipe.

I especially hate the 2 tone paintwork a la late 80s MBs. SO VERY LAST CENTURY.

Easy tiger! :(

C240Sport97 said:
Interior plastics are Audi like, and as good. Seems very well built.

I am sure 10 years ago people were saying this the other way round

"Have you seen that new Audi, the interior is really nice, almost Mercedes like in quality"

Sad state of affairs isn't it? :(

I know what you mean about Audi interiors, a mate of mine has just bought an S4 and the interior is VERY nice :rock: Also had a look at an A8 and lets just say it's a lot better looking/put together than the eqivalant Merc/Beemer. Lets just hope the CLS is the start of decent Merc interiors again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom