Mercedes-Benz Newcastle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
MB have a MB star on the spark plugs they fit , despite being no different to same spec ones from the manufacturer (usually Bosh) they can just charge more for them.
The complete brake set up on my car is Brembo (Italian) I have yet to order my new front discs but when I do I will be looking for the Brembo logo before I worry about seeing a star printed on them, especially if that star cost me 25% of the purchase price. Very unlikely any main dealer would sell non 'factory' braking parts, at least not without telling you first.

I managed to buy 2 sets of MB-Branded NGK spark plugs for my W203 for the same price as non-MB plugs.

It gives me a nice warm feeling inside knowing that the spark plug fitted to my car have the Mercedes star on them.. in spite of the fact that the star will see the daylight only twice during the plug's service life :)

My spark plug change involves 16 of the buggers , so not paying for the little (invisible) star is a REAL saving. I can't quite remember how much but as I got Bosh ones from my mate in the trade the saving was significant.

Some people like the little star on their wiper blades as well, if you can get them for a sensible price then why not ? But paying over the odds for it is not for me thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom