Mercedes Benz of Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
I bought an E class from the used part of this garage two weeks ago and 7 days into ownership it requested a D service. I called the salesman and he was very applogetic, offered to pay for the service and booked it in for me straight away.

Yesterday I took it in and got it back. They had to pay out £542 inc vat for this :D and did some additional work on the car. The service desk seemed knoledgable and I'd recommend dealing with David and Louise as they were knoledgable and polite, and even offered a DIY guide on transmission fluid changes so I wouldn't have to take it in. They even arranged a taxi to and from my work. It was a much better experience than I've had with any other garage.

I would on my buying experience, (helpful salesman who didn't need chased up re spare keys) and them for their customer service (if not for their pricing). All in all a better buyer and ownership experience than Douglas Park BMW just down the road.

Last edited:
Its good that your issue (s) got sorted BUT I very much doubt that Sales dept had to folk out £500 plus and actually got it done at cost price of parts etc. instead!

Its good that your issue (s) got sorted BUT I very much doubt that Sales dept had to folk out £500 plus and actually got it done at cost price of parts etc. instead!
You'd be surprised - the normal proceedure in garages is that work is fully charged between different cost centres. I've certainly seen stories from salesmen complaining that they make little commission as they're paying more for work done internally than they get it done for elsewhere.

Pity the dealership didn't pick up that it needed servicing - they're supposed to have at least 3mths/3000 miles clearance.

offered a DIY guide on transmission fluid changes so I wouldn't have to take it in.
I'm curious to know what form the DIY ATF change guide was? Was this something written, or just verbal advice?

Last edited:
Pity the dealership didn't pick up that it needed servicing - they're supposed to have at least 3mths/3000 miles clearance.

I'm curious to know what form the DIY ATF change guide was? Was this something written, or just verbal advice?

They showed me on the cars screen and its service log on the PC it was done 4k miles ago. Its partly the reason I bought the car. When I called the salesman said "it must be a timing issue with regard to the service".

The fella at service told me a guide would be in the post, but also explained the rough proceedure, (something I know a little about was going to do on my last X5).

I use this Garage and find the staff most helpful,pleasant and knowledgeable.Glad it worked out well.

They showed me on the cars screen and its service log on the PC it was done 4k miles ago. Its partly the reason I bought the car. When I called the salesman said "it must be a timing issue with regard to the service".

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an error in the log on the PC. But normally you would expect the car to know when it's due!

I wonder if the car had been sitting for a while and the mysterious Assyst Plus did some recalculations after you had started driving it.

I use this Garage and find the staff most helpful,pleasant and knowledgeable.Glad it worked out well.

I too use this Dealer for the parts, (Stevie & Davie) They are are good bunch and go out of there way to find things out for you - Not the usual cant be bother attitude.

Another thubs up from me!

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an error in the log on the PC. But normally you would expect the car to know when it's due!

I wonder if the car had been sitting for a while and the mysterious Assyst Plus did some recalculations after you had started driving it.

I think you may be right. When I tested it the salesman told me as much, as the battery needed charged and the ESP didn't work for the 1st 10mins as there wasn't sufficient charge in the battery to run it.

PS, thanks the the moderator who moved the thread.

I've just bought an 06 plate C180K saloon from here, and the staff were very helpful, in particular Gigi, who did a good bit of searching to get me my car.
Not extortionate either.

I suppose the proof of the pudding will be if anything goes wrong, and the service provided in such circumstances.

But nothing but praise for them so far.

I suppose the proof of the pudding will be if anything goes wrong, and the service provided in such circumstances.

Your experience concurs with ours. Better sales experience than we've had elsewhere. They were OK dealing with post sales on our cars too.

However there have been some comments elsewhere about the service side being a bit dozy with regard to synthetic oil settings and Assyst.

Last time my car was in for service I discovered as I drove away that they had put a Stratstone sticker mid way up on the driver's side edge of my windscreen. A minor petty detail perhaps but totally belittled the whole customer experience and really disproportionately p*ss*d me off.

Correct, they are indeed part of the Stratstone group.

I've just sat here fir the last 10mins trying to remember what the dealership was called before it became Mercedes Benz of Glasgow.

I then remembered it was owned by Reg Vardy, bought the Ian Philp dealership.

Before it was Reg Vardy it was actually called Callenders Engineering.

They used to be based on Kirklee Road just down the road from Kelvinside Academy in the West End.

If you drive down Kirklee Road from Great Western Roadand get to the bend at the bottom, look on the left and you will see apartments.

That was the old site.

I used to go to Kelvinside and it was great having the dealership there.

Regards,

KJ

Booked in for a B service on my C180K next week, and was quoted £432 :eek:

However, after doing a bit of phoning round, got a quote from another main dealer for £349, and asked MB Glasgow to price match, which they agreed to.

Will let you know how it goes.

Can I ask are the guys recommended using MB Glasgow North or South branch, i.e. City Centre or Giffnock? I've had nothing but rotten and incompetent service from one of them and for my service later this month I'm considering driving to Grangemouth MB to get away from the Stratstone group so would be happy to hear which branch you guys recommend and who should I ask for in particular!

Can I ask are the guys recommended using MB Glasgow North or South branch, i.e. City Centre or Giffnock? I've had nothing but rotten and incompetent service from one of them and for my service later this month I'm considering driving to Grangemouth MB to get away from the Stratstone group so would be happy to hear which branch you guys recommend and who should I ask for in particular!

Other Stratstone dealers in the Lancashire/ Yorkshire area have recently attracted adverse comment. I would agree with those sentiments in respect of the Blackburn dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom